Chapter Sixteen: Charge

Start from the beginning

Moblit: It's Commander Erwin! ... And the Military Police!

Erwin went to Moblit to discuss the whereabouts of where Reiner and Bertholdt could've gone. You were helping a Scout load up the wagon.

(Y/n): Now that I think of it... I haven't seen Nova at all lately. I hope she's fine.

Armin was with Connie and Historia.

Armin: I never thought that they would ride along the wall.

Historia: That's the quickest route.

Armin: Krista... I'd prefer if you stayed back but...

Historia: I won't. No matter what you say. I won't stay here and wait when Ymir is taken. You two should know that.

(Y/n): She's right. As much as I don't want her to go since it'll be dangerous, Ymir needs us.

Historia looked at you and smiled, showing thanks that you allowed her to go.

(Y/n): Even if I don't allow her to go she'll go anyway.

Connie: Krista has a point. We have plenty of reasons to be going after them... one of which I still can't believe that Reiner and Bertholdt are our enemies? I need to hear that from their mouths.

You let them talk as you walked towards Commander Erwin. Something tugged at your leg and you saw that it was Hange.

(Y/n): Hange!

Hange: (Y/n), pick me up and bring me to them. I need to tell them something.

You carefully picked her up and put an arm on your shoulder and walked her to Erwin and Moblit.

Hange placed a hand on Moblit and he turned around surprised.

Hange: Moblit, give me a map.

Upon retrieving the map, Hange had the Scouts and other soldiers revolve around her for what she had to say. You were carefully listening as she explained how Reiner and Bertholdt are probably exhausted from the fight, and how the Titans outside the walls are threats then it would mean that they need to find a place to hide.

Hange: Let's assume for now that their destination is somewhere outside of Wall Maria. They probably have a lot of ground to cover so it'll mean they'll need proper rest. Which means they need to be where Titans are unable to reach them. At least until nightfall comes.

She paused a bit for everyone around to consume the information.

(Y/n): The Forest of Giant Trees... that's where they'll be. Eren... Ymir... just keep waiting, we'll come for you two.

Hange: We have until night! If we reach the forest before nightfall, we might be able to make it in time!

Erwin made the order to move out and you got on a spare horse. You were lowered down to the ground and you took a spot next to Erwin. He looked at you with a proud smile, he quickly changed his expression to an authoritative one.

Erwin: Let's move!

His horse took the lead with you following.

-Timeskip-

As you were riding alongside Erwin, you made a glance towards Historia. She looked determined.

(Y/n): She isn't Krista anymore. Can I believe that she'll be able to go through this without my protection?

You saw the giant trees in the distance and mentally prepared yourself for what's going to happen.

A red flare went off in the distance and you looked at it.