"I know, but without the band, I never would've made it back into the music program. They played with me when I was trying to earn back my spot."

"They did?"

"I think this is my thing, Dad."

"Well... I'd be a jerk of a dad if I took that away from you. On one condition; if you're gonna stay in this band, you need to keep up with school, and you need to keep me in the loop."

"Really?" Julie asked, hugging her father.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Thanks, Papa."

"Hey, so that lady at your show, she was, like, some sort of manager, right? Could've been a big deal."

Julie sighed. "Who knows? Hopefully she'll get to see me play again. Which, don't worry, I'll tell you about."

"Oh. Yeah, you will. 'Cause if I ever catch you trying to sneak out again, or if your grades slip, I'm gonna pull the plug. Or whatever it is that makes those holograms work. Do I ever get to meet these guys and girl?"

"Probably not, they don't even live here. It's... kind of confusing, but being seen really isn't their thing."

"You kids and technology. It's... definitely beyond me."

"Definitely beyond something."

"Well, whoever, and, uh, whatever they are, they brought my little niña back, so as far as I'm concerned, they're like angels to me."

The front door opened and Julie's aunt ran out.

"Whoa, que pasó?" Ray asked.

"This house is haunted! We have got to go now!" the aunt cried as she panted.

"What happened?" Julie wondered.

Ray said, "Victoria, I know you want us to move, but this is a little extreme. I... I told you we're okay." The two were obviously amused by the current situation.

"I'll let Carlos explain what happened," the aunt replied. "He refuses to leave, but if movies have taught me anything, when a house is haunted, you run. Ay, Dios Mio." She ran off.

---

Julie walked down the stairs and heard her dad singing Finally Free and saw him, Reggie and Ruth in the kitchen.

"Hands up," Reggie and Ruth said, raising their hands as Ray continued to sing.

She saw her dad making breakfast and said, "This is new."

"Yeah," her father replied. "I was in the mood for cooking some breakfast."

Reggie giggled. "He thought you were talking to him. Me, Ruthie and your dad are pals now. It's a little one-sided, but it works."

Ray said, "Look, after the talk we had the other night, I was thinking that I may have cost you an opportunity with that manager. So, I was thinking-"

Julie cut her father off. "Dad, no. I should've never snuck out."

"Let the man speak," Ruth told Julie.

Reggie nodded. "He's been stress eating all week. I don't know where he puts it though. It's like... firm."

Ray continued. "I know, but I really want to support your band, so I called in a few favors, and I booked you a local gig."

"Best dad ever!" Reggie and Ruth exclaimed.

"What?"

Julie's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh. Where? Did you call your buddy from Drakes?"

"Not quite. I called Flynn, and she's gonna help us throw a party. Here. Tonight."