Chapter 1 *edited*

Ghost POV

"Johnny! Let me clean the cuts!" I exclaimed while trying to clean his face with a cotton ball dipped in alcohol. He kept pulling his face away, so I grabbed his chin to keep him still.

"But, sir! It's burns terribly!" Toast whined, grabbed my wrist tightly as I finished up. His face was tensed up in pain.

"Just a little more," I told him. "And done." I mumbled as I threw down the bloody cotton ball. He released my wrist and laid back on the couch, relaxing himself from all stinging the alcohol was making. I sighed as I begin to clean my own hand with a new cotton ball, hissing as the stinging continued.

"This is going to leave a scar." I mumbled to myself as I examined the cut. The phone began to ring, pulling my attention away from the burning slice in my palm.

"Toast, can you answer that please?" I asked him. I still needed to finish patching myself up from the previous case. He lifted himself off the old ragged couch and dragged his feet to the phone.

"Hello? Yes?" He answered. I watched him make a series of confused faces ok the phone as I wrapped my hand with gauze and an ace bandage. "Oh I forgot that we had the sign up still going on! Yes you can meet us here now if you like, alright, goodbye." He hung up the phone and spun around towards me, excitement written all over his face.

"What?" I looked up at him. "Someone's interested in working with us finally?" I asked. That offer has been up on the website for at least almost a year now, I was starting to lose hope until that call.

"Correct! She's coming now, so we have to look presentable!" He exclaimed, his long legs striding to the bathroom to fix his hair in the small mirror over the sink. I sat quiet for a minute, thinking about how a girl was willing to do this. I didn't think it was a bad idea, just something I wasn't expecting.

"How does one look presentable enough with a massive bruise on the face?" I asked him with a laugh, leaning on my knees with my elbows.

"Just, try your best, sir." He told me. He walked out of the bathroom and adjusted his jacket. I shrugged and leaned back into the old couch. Hope she doesn't run off.

Your POV

I called P. I . E because I have been looking for a job for a while but I kept getting rejected by every place I filed in. This was my last hope.

I've always had a huge interest in the paranormal things, I've even had first hand experiences with spirits. It's something that I enjoy. However; I wasn't aware that they were hiring until recently when I went on their website due to my friend suggesting to check them out. I was lucky I came across it.

"What does one wear to an interview about ghost haunting?" I asked myself, searching through my closet. I only had large shirts to fancy blouses. Jeans to dress pants and pencil skirts. After sitting on the thought of what to wear for ten minutes, I finally made up my mind to wear a nice white blouse with a pencil skirt and kitten heels. I want to look presentable. I packed a white tee and jeans just in case I'm too uncomfortable.

I eventually make it over to their building, double checking the address to make sure I wasn't sent to the wrong place. The building looked old and run down, making me panic a bit. It was shady. I shook off the feeling and got out, pulling down the skirt and fix my hair. I walked up to the creepy building, hesitating if this really was the right place. Once I walked in, the two boys came walking out from a room, bloody and bruised up.

"Hello im (y/n), im the one who called." I told them, trying to remain confident so they'll accept me. One of the men had a large bruise on his face while the other had a slice on his cheek. It made me nervous. Was this job really that dangerous? Maybe It's time for second thoughts.

Ghost POV

As we heard the door open, Toast quickly ran out of the room to greet her and talk. I groaned, knowing I had to get up from my comfortable spot on the couch. Which was hard due to my extremely sore back and burning pain from one of my legs. Feels like I was falling apart. I managed to reach them both, trying my hardest not to limp or make any faces that show I'm in pain.

"Ahh yes! Hello!!" he exclaimed excitedly while shaking her hand. "I'm Johnny Toast, and he's Johnny Ghost, the Boss." He said, pointing to me as I walked out of the room. I gave a soft smile as we made eye contact. She seemed a little tensed, examining the both of us.

"Hi." I said, shaking hands with her. I put on a fake smile.

"So shall we begin?" Toast asked her. Her smile brightened, but she seemed a little nervous. I couldn't blame her. Our state of being right now was probably enough to scare her off after this.

"Sure!" She exclaimed. We all walked over to a table with four metal chairs and sat down. Toast and I both making small groans and tensed faces as we sat down on the hard surface. She looked between us, the gears grinding in her head.

As Toast asked a series of questions and her answering back, I examined (y/n)'s clothes. She dressed professionally, which she didn't have to do but I guess it's our fault for not putting that in the hiring position on the website.

"So when do you plan on starting?" Toast  asked, catching my attention and bringing it back to the conversation. When did we both agree that she could work with us? I thought this was just an interview? I didn't even get to listen to her responses.

"Any time is fine with me." she told us, the smile never leaving her face. I was beginning to believe it was starting to hurt from smiling so long. Toast put his hands together, a large smile on his face.

"Perfect! Let me show you around!" He exclaimed, standing up too fast from the chair and nearly falling over from the pain. (Y/n) didn't say anything, just kept smiling.