Featherlight

Trey prides himself on being more conscious of others' indistinct gestures than most people.

A great example of it is his fellow third-year student and dormmate, Cater. Cater is someone who unfailingly puts on a persona, masking even trivial things such as his likes and dislikes. While Trey still can't put a finger on why Cater decided to tirelessly put on a façade, he's proud he could at least notice the little hints of Cater stretching the truth, which isn't something everyone can do.

Cater's habit to bring up Trey's signature spell whenever they're taste-testing his homemade pastries, which points toward his secret hate for sweets. The change in Cater's gaze whenever he's suppressing his annoyance, though the smile plastered on his face doesn't even twitch. Cater's specific way of waving his hand whenever he's coming up with an excuse on the spot.

Another example is about the one and only magic-less Night Raven College student who came from who-knows-where, [Y/N]. Despite being the only girl in the supposedly all-boys school, [Y/N] surprisingly blends in well, especially with the Heartslabyul duo Cater calls 'Adeuce'. Perhaps it's because they've been together since the first day of school, Ace and Deuce appear to be unable to see [Y/N] as a woman. The boys would do physical contact with her casually without a second thought. But, [Y/N], while not showing it openly, detests physical contact.

Whenever Deuce taps on her shoulder as a greeting, [Y/N] will instinctively pull her shoulder forward and away from him. Whenever Ace puts his arm around her shoulders, [Y/N] will drop her shoulders and let Ace's arm slides off. When Deuce pulled on her wrist to run away from the trouble they caused, [Y/N] ran while swinging her arms more violently than usual and broke free from Deuce's hold. When Ace was about to pick a fallen leaf on her head, [Y/N] ducked and shook her head rapidly to drop the leaf herself.

The only affection Adeuce ever got from [Y/N] was when she hugged them after their near-death experience of defeating an overblotted dorm leader. Even so, the hug only lasted for up to three seconds.

But, it's not because Ace and Deuce are too much for [Y/N]. She's avoidant to every single student and staff in Night Raven College. Even when she's caught up in a fight, [Y/N] would go out of her way to fight without touching her opponents. She would pick up any object lying around as a weapon or she would take off her shoe and throw it. When someone sits next to her in class or cafeteria, [Y/N] would scoot away almost immediately. That happened to Trey as well.

When Trey and Cater first approached [Y/N], Grim, and Adeuce to introduce the seven dorms, Trey thoughtlessly sat next to [Y/N]. Maybe he accidentally sat closer to her than she would like it to be. But, [Y/N] didn't say anything. Instead, she put a hand between their thighs and slid farther from him. To be completely honest, it cracked a little bit of Trey's heart. But, as time passed, Trey realized that [Y/N] does that to everyone.

Perhaps the only one [Y/N] is willing to make physical contact with is the cat-like monster, Grim. [Y/N] lets Grim cling to her leg when he's scared and carries him whenever he's tired. The difference in treatment is most likely because Grim isn't a fellow human. But, the bit of affection [Y/N] shows Grim is enough for those who fancy her to be envious of the monster.

Even right now at lunch, Grim is sitting on [Y/N]'s shoulders as she lines up for Grim's chosen food. However, though they might seem really close right now, they're actually bickering with each other.

"This is all because you got called on by Crewel!" Grim accuses, holding onto [Y/N]'s hair tighter than necessary, "We got here late and now we have to wait in a freaking long line and we might not get my grilled cheese!"

[Y/N]'s eye twitches in irritation when she feels a hair being pulled out by Grim's grip. "It was only, like, five minutes, Grim," she sighs while hugging herself to make herself smaller and avoid accidental bumps with other students.