ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 56

Start from the beginning

She's the sunshine, the rainbow, and he's the moon, the clouds and the rain. Without the sun, rain and clouds, there's no colourful rainbow as the painted result.

"So.....I was hoping I could ask you a few questions, the boys seem to think you have a strange intuition or sixth sense for things and I-"

"I don't need intuition or my weird witchcraft for what you're about to ask, I know for fact, he's talked to me about it" I answered simply, leaning back on my feet as I knelt on the grass, the older witch rubbing the back of her forehead, glancing to her son and back to me when I smiled whole heartedly,

"He has?" She queried, holding back her happy tears inside so she doesn't end up sobbing like a fool. She likes that he finds comfort in the girl and will talk to her in ways he may find weird to talk to with her, though James and her had a rather close relationship, he knew he could come to her about anything, she wanted to know a little about it before she really asked him.

"Numerous times, it's not been easy, mind you I don't think anything is easy when it comes to love" I hummed gently, picking a buttercup from the ground and bringing it up to my nose, flickering my eyes over to Remus with a bright smile when he reached down, picking one near him and holding it up to me before flopping it down on his head, causing me to laugh softly.

"And Sirius? How's he taking it?"

"Oh he's an oblivious idiot, he has no idea as of yet, I think he'll probably be a little mad and upset at first which is understandable but deep inside he wants them both to be happy. He worries about Reg, we all do, Reg is safe and happy when he's with James even if he refuses to admit it, he does. He's only ever relaxed entirely when James is in the same room, quite adorable in my opinion" I grinned, flickering my eyes between her blue ones, following her gaze to where he and Sirius were rolling around, making roar and grunting sounds like lions.

"It's quite funny. The boys, i've known them all a long time, all individually different. James has only ever talked one girl since his first year. Sirius has talked about many, many girls, Peter the odd few but he wasn't really interested, Remus never at all. Now, Remus talks about you all the time, Sirius talks about Scarlette fairly often, James has feelings for Regulus, and Peter well, he likes all three of you. Your little trio has changed them greatly in a space of a year" She laughed lightly, retying her blonde hair back when my cheeks warmed and I grinned up at her,

"Mmhm, I can't remember what it was like without them. Don't get me wrong, chaotic is the best word for them as with mischievous, but I wouldn't change it" I replied, looking down at my lap and back to her, "Also because they brought me here, and I love it here, you and Monty, you're both so—"

"Lucky to have you?" She nodded, searching my eyes knowingly when I bit my lip, trying to hold back the sting behind my eyes as I wondered if this was something my mum would do with me. Re potting flowers in the garden. I went from no mother to Sprout in first year, and now I also have Hope and Mia.....three kind hearted, selfless souls, who i'll always be able to count on with no questions asked. I'm the lucky one, definitely.

"Willow-tree! I'm fit, right?!" James shouted over by Sirius, my eyes blinking at Mia as she sighed, rolling her eyes, my eyes catching Remus' before I turned to James and Sirius, the mousy haired boy piping up,

"If your definition of 'fit' is 'pesky halfwit', then yes!"

"I told you once before Moony, it's not half its pure, mate" James told him, Mia burying her face in her hands when I laughed uncontrollably at Remus' flat look, making me fall backwards on the grass, Sirius snickering when I cackled, shaking my head,