The First Thing I Saw Was You [Ziam]

Começar do início

"I love you," Zayn said wholeheartedly, meaning every stroke of every letter of every word of that sentence.

"I love you too," Liam replied, his eyes sparkling and his eye-crinkling smile on full display, even if Zayn couldn't see it.

They leaned in again, another blazing, passionate, love-filled kiss. Zayn could never get enough of Liam. His voice. His laugh. His kindness. His massive heart. (His muscles.) Zayn could go on and on, and he had (too many times, in Louis's opinion). He was so in love even the blindest person could see it, which was ironic, given that Zayn was blind.

Liam pulled back, his eyes warm and loving, his face a picture of pure joy. Zayn could have sworn he heard some clicks of a camera, but maybe he was imagining it.

Liam brought their intertwined hands away from over his heart, and snaked his hand off Zayn's waist. Zayn heard a bit of rustling material, before Liam disconnected their hands, making Zayn open his palm, and rest his hand on top of Liam's own open palm.

Liam delicately placed what Zayn assumed was the final card in his hand. He brought his other hand down to trace the braille on the card. It read 'I'm on one knee'. Tears pricked Zayn's eyes as he traced over the words again.

"Zayn," Liam spoke up, "The last few years with you have been the best of my life." He sniffed. "Fuck, I'm crying already," he said, followed by a watery chuckle which Zayn reciprocated. "I love everything about you, and I'd love to spend the rest of my life loving you in every way I know how, and knowing and feeling and receiving your love for me." Zayn cradled Liam's face as he swallowed thickly. "I love you so-so-so-so-so much, Zayn Malik. Will you marry me?"

"Yes, meri jaan. A million times yes," Zayn answered, overwhelmed with joy, tears of happiness sliding down his face. He lifted Liam up by his face, planting a long and fervent kiss on his lips as Liam slid the ring onto Zayn finger. "I love you, too, fiancé."

Liam's smile could have beaten the sun in a contest of brightness.

Zayn's heart was approximately 15 times too big for his chest.

Their happiness would have broken any scale it could have been measured on.

And Zayn was still that happy. Liam was still that perfect.

About eight months before they were due to be married, Zayn's GP told him about a surgery that could get rid of his blindness. (I have no clue if such a surgery exists. I'm winging this.)

After much deliberation with Liam and his parents, Zayn decided he'd like to take the chance and get the surgery.

Today was the big day.

Zayn walked into the hospital leaning on Liam's forearm. His parents were showing up after the surgery. He was really nervous about that. Not that he didn't trust the surgeon to do a good job - he just hoped it would work on him. He was also extremely giddy about the prospect of seeing Liam for the first time. Niall, Louis, and Harry had told him Liam was good-looking, but he'd yet to see it, and he couldn't wait. He also really wanted to see his parents and sisters and his friends, but mostly Liam, if he was being honest with himself. He was so gone for that man.

Liam guided Zayn over to the appointments desk and talked with the receptionist for a few minutes, handing over various cards and such to them. Zayn was way too antsy to pay attention to what they were saying. They walked together to a holding/waiting room, where they sat down on extremely uncomfortable chairs a small distance from others in the room.

Liam planted a firm kiss on his lips, effectively distracting him from worrying too much about the surgery.

"You sure you want this?"