Investigation 2

Depuis le début

After a little while, Kyoko stood up. Then... "Are you...a germophobe?" Kyoko asked Makoto. "Huh? No, not really..." Makoto muttered. Kyoko then nodded, taking a quick glance around the room. "I see..." Kyoko said. "What...do you see?" Makoto questioned. "There's something slightly peculiar about this room." Kyoko hummed. "Peculiar? What about it?" Makoto asked Kyoko. "I've gone over every inch of the floor...but there's not a single strand of fallen hair in this room-anywhere..." Kyoko pointed out. "N-Not even one?" Makoto muttered, sounding nervous or just confused, one or the other. "Neither from the victim, Maizono, or from you, the room's owner..." Kyoko said. "Now that you mention it, I noticed something while I was investigating just now... It looks like my lint cleaner was used without my knowledge. Maybe, using that, someone..." Makoto muttered. "I see... A room without a single strand of fallen hair... Your lint cleaner used without your knowledge..." Kyoko hummed. "You mean...Maizono? Or maybe the killer?" Makoto questioned. 

"Hmm, I wonder." Kyoko muttered, averting her attention elsewhere. I watched Makoto as he slowly made his way toward the bathroom door, however, he looked hesitant, and in an instant I was by his side. "Are you just gonna stand there all day? A gruesome sight it may be, though it is a sight we must endure." I said. "...Y-Yeah, you're right." Makoto said, looking down at his fists. I sighed before slowly pushing the bathroom door open and walking inside. 

Just like what I saw the first time, there was Sayaka sitting on the ground with her back pressing up against the wall behind her. Her eyes were closed and a look that I can't really describe on her face. "Sayaka..." Makoto mumbled sadly, a sickly look on his face. I sighed before hesitantly taking a step toward the deceased body. "U-Uh, Makoto...could you be useful and re-read what the Monokuma thingy said about her body? I feel like that would be a good start." I mumbled. Makoto didn't waste a moment's time before taking out his Monokuma File. "Some sort of sharp object has been thrust into her stomach. That must've been the killing blow... But whatever they used to kill her... Where'd they get it? That's definitely something we should look into later..." Makoto told me. "Wouldn't it be obvious that they got it from the kitchen- actually... never mind, what else does it say?" I asked the boy. "Ah, also according to the Monokuma File, Sayaka's right wrist is broken." Makoto read out. Trying not to instantly recoil back, I grabbed Sayaka's wrist up with two fingers on each side, trying not to touch her too much. 

"Um...yeah, her wrist does look swollen and bloody, that's for sure. Oh, there's something glittery here too." I said. "Huh? What do you mean?" Makoto asked me. "Right here, where her wrist is all swollen and gros- I mean! swollen and bloody...there's something glittery." I pointed out to Makoto. "Wow, that's...pretty concerning." Makoto muttered before putting his Monokuma File away and leaning near the body. "...Huh? There's some blood on her left index finger, but that's it. The palms of both of her hands are totally spotless, so how come only her left finger...?" Makoto questioned. "Maybe she just accidentally dipped it in her blood or something." I hummed. So in conclusion...she probably broke her wrist before she was stabbed. Hmm, meaning that she most likely broke her wrist during the struggle. 

After the struggle and the killer got the upper hand they probably cornered Sayaka in the bathroom...where they stabbed her. Hmm, how annoying, we didn't really discover anything important. I was about to get up from the uncomfortable crouching position I was in when I heard a loud and irritating yelp. "Wh-!?" "What is it?" I asked Makoto. "B-Behind Sayaka!" Makoto exclaimed. I carefully leaned over Sayaka's body to check what Makoto was talking about and sure enough...written in blood were the numbers 11037. I mean...I suppose that explains the bloody index finger. "Hmm, there isn't anything else to check out...we should probably leave." I pointed out. "I...I...okay." Makoto looked like he wanted to say something, however, he held his tongue. 

And with that, we both walked out of the bathroom and back into the main room. "It looks like you both saw it, right? The bloody numbers... That's most likely Sayaka's dying message." Kyoko pointed out. "I've never seen something written in blood before... It really was her final message... It's as if she wrote it with life itself." Makoto muttered. "Pft- do you often talk like an aspiring poet?" I chuckled.