The Spotted Boy

A snarling wolf loomed over the spotted boy. He was in too much pain to move, tears frozen on his cheeks, eyes already lifeless as he stared at the wolf. It made a move to attack but a spotted feline crashed into the wolf's side, making them go tumbling in a flurry of fur teeth and claws. Law blinks as the young snow leopard drove off the wolf. The feline looks back at him (e/c) eyes showing intelligence. The snow leopard approaches him calmly, maneuvering under his arm to offer support. Law blinks at the warmth the furry creature offers. He gets up shakely and allows the feline to lead him to town. Some townsfolk stopped to look, but apparently the young snow leopard was known.

Law is lead to a two story building, right to the door. The feline looks at him expectantly so he opens the door and is lead in. He stops, feeling the warm air inside making him feel his numb fingers again. The big cat shuts the door behind him and shuffling is heard from what seemed like the kitchen.

"___? Is that you?" A woman's voice sounds, peering around the corner only to gasp at sight of Law. The boy flinches slightly, expecting her to panic and shoo him out. "Poor thing! Hurry, get him near the fire ___! I'll make him something to eat!" She instructs. The snow leopard starts to nudge him into the living room at that. Law sits in front of the fireplace, looking over at the snow leopard as it drags a blanket up to him.

"___?" He echoes quietly, making the feline's ears perk as he takes the blanket and wraps it around himself.

"That's right, she ate the catcat fruit, snow leopard model, and ever since she's been in that form... My wild child," The woman sighs, bringing Law a tray of soup and crackers. "Here you are, this will warm you right up," She murmurs, setting it down in front of him.

"Thank you," Law manages, starting to eat.

"My name is Layla, her father, Paul, should be home soon. We won't mind if you stay a while," She says before walking out. Law glances at ___, to see she watched him curiously.

"Do you know how to control your powers?" He asks. The snow leopard nods. "I ate a devilfruit too but..." He trails off. Her ears perk again and she suddenly leaves the room. The boy blinks at the door way before continuing to eat, blocking out the memories the best he could. ___ soon returns, holding a book in her mouth before setting it down beside him. Law blinks down at the book. A single word on the cover somehow gave him some hope: DEVILFRUIT.

He blinks and looks at the snow leopard who seemed to be smiling at him. Law finishes eating and opens the book, looking for a certain fruit. He finds the page and stops briefly to take in the picture of the fruit Corasan had brought him. He reads on, taking in every little detail he can. ___ reads with him curiously. They were so into reading that neither of them noticed a man crouch behind them to peer at the fruit.

"The ope-ope fruit?" He reads, making the two jump and look back. The man smiles, "I knew a man who had that power..." He muses.

"Paul, you scared them," Layla scolds lightly.

"Oops, sorry kiddos," He chuckles, standing up.

"Wait, do you know how he used it?" Law asks swiftly. He couldn't believe this change of pace. Paul thinks for a moment before relaying what he remembers.

"Thats how he did it anyway, it's different for every user," He comments. Law nods as he turns back to the book. He would find away to cure himself, for Corasan.