Chapter 6

Friday September 15th

After school I run home to change, do my make up and get ready for atlas to pick me up.
I'm wearing cuter clothes today A blue skirt and a white jumper on top,I put my hair in a slik ponytail..

I hear a honk outside, I race to the front door and head outside.

"Be cool Mia, be cool" I repeat in my head
As I walk closer to atlas car I start to blush, he looks SO GOOD, he looks happier.

"Hey" he said to me as I stand outside his front window.

"Get out" I tell him

Why? He asks vey confused

"I'm taking u somewhere today"

Ooo "where"

It's a surprise Leo so ur just going to have to wait and see.
He hops out of the car and lets me in the drivers seat and he walks round to sit in the passengers seat.

We drive in silence again but this time it's good silence not bad, I could see him in the corner of my eye keep looking at me for a second, smiling and then looking away.
I parked the car outside of this filed,

"Come on let's go" I tell him.

"Okay okay wait up " he says

We both walk 5 minutes until we get to the field of colours as I call it.
When we got there his eyes start to light up.
"This is so beautiful Mia"

" Yeah I know
We look around us and there's millions of pink, purple and white tulips.
It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"The flowers always bloom after summer I tell him.
He pulls out the camera and starts recoding.
"Mia" he begins to ask me
"How does this place make u feel alive"

"This place makes me feel alive for lots of reasons, I try to go hear as often as I can.I go when I need to feel at peace,I mostly go when I get anxiety attacks or when I get in my depressive moods.
There's something about this place that just calms me and makes me feel at peace.
I know this sounds stupid but I feel like this field knows me better than anyone in my life"

Leo puts down the camera and stops and stares at me with the cutest smile I've ever seen.

"what is it I ask him"
" Nothing just you"
"what do u mean "just me "

"I don't know "he responds, there's  something different about you.

"I still don't get what u mean.

Atlas picks up a few flowers and hands them to me, "keep them he says "as a keepsake.
I look at him and smile
He smiles back.

After we were done taking more pics and documents we head back to the car, this time he drives.
5 minutes into our journey home he asks me
"You hungry?"
"I could go with some food, I tell him

He then pulls into the McDonald's drive through, he gets us both a Big Mac meal, milkshakes and drives off.
Where we going? I ask him

" It's a suprise" he responds

5 minutes later we pull into a beach.
He walks out of the car to the back of the jeep and pulls down the boot so it turns into a platform.
He sits down on top of the boot and beckons me to join him.
me and him both sit on the boot of his car eating McDonald's and starting at the sunset.

"Atlas this view, it's so pretty"

"I come here a bit too often he tells me, it makes me feel at peace"
"Mia?"

"Yeah
"Do u get panic attacks often?

"Uhm....

U don't have to answer, I'm just wondering

"No no it's fine, yeah I get them a lot they normally follow with deprissive moods but it's whatever.

Here's the thing I find it really hard to trust people , it's like if u mess up once I just can't forgive that person and it's awful.
I don't trust a lot of people so if I trust u and u break it, it's a different type of hurt"

Hey it's not whatever Mia, he grabs my face with his hand and looks straight into my eyes.

"I got you, you can trust me " he tells me

I look straight at him with the biggest smile.
"This means a lot atlas"

"I've never met someone like you, he tells me.
Theres something different about you, I feel comfortable around you and I've never felt that way about anyone else.

I don't say anything back I just smile.

We both get back into the car, he puts on "summer sadness by Lana delray" and we both start singing along looking at each other and smiling.

"Atlas you should come to Leo's party tommorow"

He chuckles
Are u sure leo would want me there, he asks

"Of course your my plus one

"Okay okay fine I'll go for you Mia

When we get to my house I get out of the car ready to say goodbye to him.when all of a sudden he gets out of the and runs up to me and gives me the biggest and warmest hug ever.
I hug him back and hang onto his neck and we just stay like that,
Both of us scared to let go.

He  finally lets go, and looks at me.
Y"thank you"

Thank you for what ? I ask him

"Everything", he responds and drives off.

I head into my house feeling the best I've ever felt.
There's just something different about him.