ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ | ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜᴛ-ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀ

Start from the beginning

      All of a sudden, the sprawled out man in front of Julie and Nancy started shaking, as if he were a bowl full of jello. A horrid sound filled Julie's ears, as her and Nancy stepped back in shock. The man was grunting, and seemed to be in pain, as the shaking intensified, as well as the sounds.

      "Don't look." Julie whispered to Nancy, having an idea of what was going to happen. She was right. The man's body started melting, until all that was left were throbbing guts, just like the ones Julie had exploded. It was happening in different places, which made the whole thing even more scary. Sadly, Julie was forced to hear it all.

      The melted guts started to move away from the girls, and Nancy insisted that they follow it, ignoring Julie's concerns. The two teens ended up in a hallway. Jonathan was across the hall, watching as the same thing happened to his Flayed. The two sets of guts met in the middle and formed some type of monster, that was on it's way to Julie and Nancy. But it wanted Julie.

      The lights turned off as Julie began to hyperventilate, and when they turned back on, the monster was roaring and shrieking loudly. Julie couldn't bring herself to make a noise. But Nancy did. "Shit." She cursed, squeezing Julie's hand when she heard her shaking breaths.

      "Nancy! Julie!" Jonathan screamed from the other side of the monster. "Run!"

      "J, come on!" Nancy urged the Hargrove girl, who was still as a statue. With a tug, Nancy was able to snap Julie from her daze and pull her with her to the nearest door. When the girls attempted to push it open, there were too many things on the other side preventing them from doing so.

      As Nancy pushed, Julie turned around to face the monster and attempted to scream. All it did was explode a few arms or legs of some sort, and didn't stop the monster from advancing towards the girls. Instead, the monster absorbed the guts back into itself as it moved. Julie groaned in frustration, as the monster came even closer to the two of them.

      "Julie! I got it!" Nancy called, making Julie whip around and rush through the crack in the door Nancy had made. Nancy started running, and Julie followed her. The exhuasted and terrified girls ran down new hallways, with the gut-monster hot on their trail.

      Nancy was falling behind in her shoes, and Julie didn't even have time to wonder why she didn't take them off. Instead, she found a door to push open, pulling Nancy inside and shutting it firmly. She locked the door with shaky fingers, and stood back next to Nancy.

      "If this is how we die, I'm sorry for being a bad friend." Julie said, panting between her words. The monster was banging it's head on the door, but Julie wasn't focused on that. She didn't quite know what caused the rift between her and Nancy, but lack of effort and communication had to be part of it.

      "I'm sorry too. I was awful." Nancy apologized quickly, squeezing Julie's hand. For a second or two, it was silent, before Julie heard the squelching again. The monster was melting itself to get under the door, and through the vent.

      "Oh hell no." Julie said, her throat closing.

      "Oh, God." Nancy mumbled, panting harder than Julie had ever heard a person pant before. "Jonathan..."

      "Jonathan!" Julie joined in on Nancy's efforts, figuring they had nothing else to lose as the monster was completely through the door and beginning to take shape again while they watched in horror. Julie tried screaming again, but the results were the same as a minute ago. Jonathan could be heard muffled on the other side, but in that room, the girls were screwed.

      The monster took it's full shape and shrieked, using one of it's limbs to whack Nancy across the room. Julie didn't even have time to call out to her friend as a limb wrapped around her body, squeezing her tight. She couldn't even focus on the disgust she felt, as the monster moved its limbs to squeeze Julie by her neck.

      "Not... again!" Julie managed to say, as she swung her legs up to kick the monster in the face. It barely loosened it's grip on her tender neck, but it was enough for her to use her scream and explode that limb, setting herself free. She felt the continuous blood dripping from her ears as she fell to the ground and scurried back until she was met with a wall, and Nancy terrified in the corner. Luckily, the monster wasn't focused on Nancy at this moment.

      It crawled over Julie and roared in the terrified girl's face, causing heavy sobs to escape her. Right when she was about to be eaten, the door was blown away, and Julie saw five pairs of feet, small enough that it had to have been the kids. That was worst case scenario.

      The monster turned and roared at the kids, until El sent it flying into a nearby wall with a yell. Julie crawled backwards into nancy, scaring them both. Julie couldn't bring herself to sit up any longer, so she curled up into a ball and released terrified sobs while Nancy covered her with her arm, and El dealt with the monster.

      With a final yell, El pushed the monster out of the window, where Julie heard it flatten into guts on the pavement. "Go." She said.

      "Nancy!" Jonathan yelled, running into the room and over to his girlfriend. Max and Will ran to Julie and pulled her up.

      "Thank God you have good hearing." Max teased as her and Will helped Julie run.

      Julie didn't acknowledge the poor joke, but Max didn't care. She saw the state her sister was in; sweat covered her body and hair, blood was leaking from her ears, she still had a terrified look on her face, and she was downright having a panic attack.

       The trio quickly joined everybody else as they ran to the entrance of the hospital. They watched as the guts began to move over to a sewer drain, and suck itself in. All that was left on top was a bone or two.

      "I'm gonna be sick." Julie announced quietly, her weak stomach finally getting to her. She rushed away as far as she could before she hunched over and released the little that was left in her stomach, while being forced to listen to the guts move about. She felt a warm hand on her back and in her hair, and she knew it was Max. Julie coughed and wiped her mouth, standing up straight and turning to face Max with uneven breaths.

      "You good?" Max questioned, feeling Julie's forehead for a fever.

      Julie shook her head. "I want my mommy." She said, before hugging Max tight. Maybe too tight, but Julie needed that stability right now. Max hugged Julie back, feeling quite useless, but she knew Julie just needed her. Nothing more, nothing less.

      Nancy, who had gone through the same thing had Jonathan. Julie didn't have anyone besides Max. Not anymore.