ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ | sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ʀᴇᴠᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ

"What is this?" Joyce asked, going through the box of equipment the teens had purchased to kill the monster.

      "Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." Hopper said, looking at not only Jonathan, but Julie as well.

      Joyce looked at Jonathan in shock and anger. "What?"

      "Why are you going through my car?" Jonathan asked the officers, and Julie sighed.

      "Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" the Chief challenged, leaning on the desk. "I wanna see you in my office."

      "You won't believe me." Jonathan said.

      "Why don't you give me a try?" Hopper said lowly, scaring Jonathan into submission.

      The three teens now sat next to one another in Hopper's office, explaining everything they had discovered to Hopper and Joyce. Joyce handed a picture of the monster to Hopper. Jonathan was biting his nails, and Julie's leg was bouncing.

      "You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper asked.

      "We don't know." Jonathan said quickly.

      "It's just a theory." Nancy said sadly, just wanting answers about Barb.

      Silence loomed over the group, until Joyce pushed Jonathan out the door to talk to him, and Nancy excused herself to sit in the main area again. Julie was about to leave, when Hopper stopped her.

      "Sit down." he instructed, and Julie reluctantly did as he asked.

      "What'd I do now? I've been pretty good with smoking." Julie said, remembering how Hopper weaned her off of smoking when she first arrived in Hawkins.

      "I don't care about that shit. You're sixteen, you can ruin your lungs with as many cigarettes as you like, just like I did. Give me your hand."

      "My hand? What about it?" Julie asked skeptically.

      "Just let me see it." the Chief demanded, and Julie rolled her eyes, placing her bandaged hand across the desk. Hopper undid the bandage and the guaze and looked at the poorly stitched wound. "You stitch this yourself?" he asked.

      "Don't judge." Julie said with crinkled brows.

      Hopper chuckled. "I am, because the next time you give someone a high five, you're gonna be bleeding like a horse." the Chief went through his desk drawers until he came out with proper sutures and a stitching needle. "May I?" he asked, and Julie nodded.

      Hopper went ahead and carefully removed the dental floss stitches from Julie's hand, trying to be as gentle as possible. Once they were out, he prepared to sew Julie correct stitches.

      "I haven't had some one-on-one time with you in awhile. Everything going okay?" Hopper asked as he prepared the needle.

      Julie nodded. "Before Will went missing, things were good." she said with a shrug, bracing herself for the needle.

      Hopper started sewing in the sutures without warning, causing Julie to curse unintentionally. "I'm sorry. Have you had any contact with your family?"

      "Max writes. Billy did once. I haven't heard from my dad or Susan in a very long time." Julie said, looking away from the needle going in and out of her tender skin.

      "I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Your dad called me a few weeks ago--"

      "What? You've been talking to my dad?" Julie cut off the Chief and ignored the uncomfortable feeling in her hand to raise her voice slightly.