Meet Michiko Minoru

Hana and Guita went down to the river to do laundry, "So," Guita sighed, "what's your plan? We are literally miles away from another sanctum, not to mention a lifetime away from home."

"I am going to say something," Hana stopped her friend from walking, "but you may not react til I'm done, okay?"

"Fine," Guita rolls her eyes, "whatever, just tell me."

Hana grabbed her friend's arm and, in Tagalog, whispered, "Tina was diagnosed with stage three Leukemia; only Amy, you, and I know; neither dad nor Nico knows about mother's condition. I, um, found the Ancient One, and she told me the cure will be discovered by someone from this time."

"Any idea who?" Guita asked.

Just then, a woman who looked like Nico walks by with a basket and a girl about two or three. The woman then calls out to the girl, "あかりは走るな!"

"Akari?" Hana whispered in complete shock.

"Isn't Akari your grandma?" Guita asked.

"Yes." Hana then whispered a spell, "Michiko? Minoru?"

"Yes?" the woman turns, "Do I know you?" She pauses, "You're Dr. Hana Minoru-George, my descendant, and you are here, for your mother is in trouble."

"Did she," Guita looked worriedly at her friend.

"No," Hana shook her head, "she didn't eavesdrop even if she did; we were talking in Tagalog, and she speaks exclusively Japanese."

"What now?" Guita asked.

"Doesn't matter," Hana whispered, "we need to."

"You're right." Guita agrees.

As soon as they walked in the door, everyone was shocked by the uncanny resemblance Michiko had to Nico. Tina drops the bucket of water she was carrying on the oak wood flooring that Nico and Amy have spent two hours polishing.

Nico smacks Tina's ankle, "What the hell?!"

Tina merely looks down, making Nico quiet.

Hana cleared her throat and said, "This is Michiko. She's our great-grandmother and is here to help."