43 - End of Year Party

Start from the beginning

"We should have one last party," James says as me, him, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, Alice and Marlene sit in the common room relaxing after finishing our final exam. "To celebrate finishing school, we could invite all other houses and anyone from any year can come."

"That seems like fun." Sirius says with a small shrug of his shoulders.

"James, you're head boy, shouldn't you be a little more mature?" Marlene asks playfully.

"C'mon now Mar, we're just about to leave school, let the boy have a little fun. Plus a party doesn't seem like a bad idea." I say which seems to surprise Remus.

"You're actually excited about a party?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"Who are you and what've you done with my lame sister who would much rather sit in her room reading a book than go to a party?" Sirius asks.

"Oh shut up," I say and jokingly punch him in the arm. "I can have fun when I want to."

"Do you ever want to?" James asks sarcastically.

"I just prefer reading, is there anything wrong with that?"

"Yeah probably," James mutters and Lily slaps his leg for me. "So, when should we have the party."

We begin planning the party and decide that we'll have it two nights before we leave Hogwarts. James and Sirius are going to sneak out to Hogsmeade and get some alcohol for the older students and they're probably going to get a bunch of sweets from Honeydukes. Alice and Marlene are sneaking down to the kitchens to get other food and drinks and the rest of us are decorating the common room with whatever random decorations we can find.

This party is going to be great.

Wow, that's something I have never thought in my entire life. What is happening to me?

~*𓃦*~

I dress up nicely for the party, wearing a cute dress in my favourite colour. I had done my makeup and made my hair look nice.

I looked at myself in the mirror before exiting the room with Lily, Alice and Marlene. We walk down the stairs and enter the common room which, as I expected, was full of people. I look around the room, trying to find either Remus or alcohol.

I spot Remus first and say goodbye to the girls before walking over to him.

"Hey handsome." I say as I approach him.

"Hey," He replies and puts his hands on my waist gently. "You look beautiful."
He leans down and kisses me softly. He pulls away and stares into my eyes lovingly for a moment.
"Wanna go get something to drink?" He asks and I nod my head.

He takes my hand and we manoeuvre through the crowd to the drinks table. Remus, being the responsible human he is, got a pumpkin juice. I took some alcoholic beverage, I have no clue what it is but it tastes good, James and Sirius did a good job at picking drinks.

As the party progresses I have a few more drinks and begin to loosen up a bit. I notice James and Lily making out across the room, Sirius and Peter were flirting with some Ravenclaws, Marlene was drunkenly dancing by herself and Alice was having a conversation with Frank Longbottom.

Remus has stayed by my side the entire party and seemed to be worried about the amount of alcohol I'm consuming.

"It's a party, I'm having fun." I argue and he just rolls his eyes and makes sure that I don't do anything too stupid.