As we sit down for breakfast, James comes over.

I stand up, ignoring the slight pain in my leg - its healed a lot, it just still hurts from time to time - and walk a little bit away from the girls.

"How are you?" James asks.

"I'm fine, why?" I question.

"Well, this is the first day of school since you and Remus broke up, you'll actually have to acknowledge his existence again."

"Or I can continue to ignore him and pretend that I'm not dying inside a little more every time I see him."

"That is not healthy." James says.

"Didn't say it was." I shrug. "But just- stay with him. Please. I know he's going to be beating himself up over this, and I cant stand the thought of him being alone."

"But what about you?"

"I'll be fine, I've got Marlene, Lily and Alice to hang out with," I respond. "We can still hang out sometimes, but I'm not going to let Remus be alone."

"Fine," He says. "By the way, quidditch training tomorrow at four, but only if your leg is feeling better."

I nod my head. "My leg is fine. Can I go eat breakfast now?"

"Nope, one more thing."

I'm confused for a second but smile when he pulls me in for a hug.

"You're a fucking loser." I mumble into his shoulder.

"I know," He responds before letting go of me. "Now you can go eat."

I smile at him slightly before heading back to the table.

The first class of the day is transfiguration.

I sit beside Lily instead of my usual seat beside Remus and I can already hear people whispering and speculating about what happened.
Merlin, are people's lives truly that uninteresting that all they have to talk about is one couple's breakup?

"Psst, Black!" I hear someone whisper behind me. I just ignore them. "Is it true you cheated on Lupin with Potter? That's why he broke up with you, right?"

Oh. My. Fucking. Godrick.

I am going to commit a crime. It will be such a violent crime.

"Don't listen to them," Lily whispers to me, noticing my discomfort. "They're just a bunch of assholes."

I take a deep breath and try not to cry. Is this really what people are thinking? I would never have cheated on Remus. Especially not with James. Just the thought of kissing James makes me feel sick. He's more like a brother to me than anything else.

Why wont people just shut up and mind their own business?

The class is thankfully soon over, and I go talk with James about the rumours. He just rolls his eyes.

"People are so stupid." He mumbles. "Don't worry about it, this is one of those things that'll eventually be forgotten."

"I bloody hope so." I respond.

"So, you doing alright?" He asks.

"I'm fine, and if you ask me one more time I'll stab you."

"Fair." He says throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Y'know, I'm just saying, I think this." I motion to his arm. "Is probably why people think we're in a relationship."

"What? So now I can't hug my friends? That's outrageous. That's like saying I cant tell you I love you in a totally platonic way."