24 - The Shit Summer Gets a Bit Better

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine," He says, releasing me from the hug. "How are you and Sirius?"

"We're okay," I answer. "Definitely doing much better now that we aren't stuck in this hellhole. And on that subject, I am once again offering for you to come with us."

"Y/n, you know I cant."

"But you can. Please."

He doesn't say anything.

"Fine." I say quietly.

"So, what're you doing back here?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Just getting some things," I shrug. "But mum doesn't know we're here."

"Please tell me you didn't climb in through a window."

"We didn't. Mum thinks it's just James here getting our stuff, but we snuck in behind him using the invisibility cloak. But we don't have much time, so I probably should be heading back."

I hug him again.

"I'll miss you," I say quietly. "Stay safe, and-"

"If she hurts me, let you know and you'll come kick her ass. I know," He says jokingly and I chuckle. "I'll miss you too. Tell Sirius I say hi."

"Okay," I release him from the hug. "I'll see you later."

I put the cloak back on and sneak back through to mine and Sirius' room.

"Good, you're back," Sirius says as I take off the cloak. "Are you almost done?"

I go look through my trunk, checking to see if everything is there. Suddenly, I remember something important to me that I definitely cant forget.

I go reach under my bed, pulling out a small box.

"What's that?" James asks.

"Letters," I answer, placing the box in my trunk. "From you, Remus and Peter."

"You kept them all?"

"Well, they were one of the only things keeping me sane in here."

"Ha, yeah sure, 'sane', that's a word to describe you." Sirius jokes and I glare at him.

"I hate you." I mumble, closing my trunk, sure I've got everything now.

Suddenly the door opens and I fear the worst, but it's just Mrs Potter.

"Are you ready yet? She's getting impatient."

Sirius and I both nod before once again hiding under the invisibility cloak.

Mrs Potter uses magic to float our trunks down the stairs.

I see mum glaring at Mrs Potter as we leave and it once again makes me feel tense. But soon, we are out the house and getting into the Potters' car.

I sit in the front beside Mrs Potter, James and Sirius in the back, jokingly bickering over some random nonsense. I gaze out the window as the car begins moving.

I zone out, getting lost in thought, and before I know it we're back at the Potters' house.

I take my trunk up to my room and decide to just spend time alone for a while.

As I'm reading, I hear a knock on the door. I look up as James walks in.

"Hey, dinner is almost ready," He says and I nod, sliding a bookmark between the pages of the book and putting it down on the bedside table. James comes and sits down beside me on the bed.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answer.

"You sure? Because usually when you hide from the world it's because you're upset."