19 - Mistletoe Kiss

Start from the beginning

But still, we cannot move our legs.

"What? That wasn't good enough for you, you stupid plant." I mutter at the mistletoe, glaring up at it.

Yep, I've gone insane, I'm mad at a plant.

A stupid plant.

Remus just seems in shock. Maybe I should've warned him before doing that.

"Remus," I question softly. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," He says quickly. "Just- you just caught me off guard a little."

"Sorry."

"No, no, don't apologise." He says.

We both go silent, neither of us knowing what to say as we avoid eye contact.

Remus sighs. I look up at him and notice his face is still red.

"Maybe we should just-" He starts but trails off.

I take a deep breath. "Are you okay with this?"

He nods and so I kiss him quickly on the lips.

It lasts only a second and we both quickly step away from each other.

"Welp, I'm gonna go lay in bed and question my entire life," I say. "See you later."

He gently grabs hold of my arm before I can walk away.

"Y/n, wait I-" He sighs. "I don't want this to make things awkward between us."

"It wont, I promise." I say softly.

He lets go of my arm. "So, can we still go to the library together?"

"Sure."

We then head to the library, trying our best to pretend nothing happened, which is easier said than done.

As we sit in the library, separately reading, my mind wanders to the kiss. I cant help but think about how soft Remus' lips are.

No, what the hell Y/n. Stop thinking. Stop. No more thinking. You are banned from having thoughts.

"Ooh, look at you nerds having a reading date," The sudden sound of James' voice frightens me since I was so lost in thought and I end up flinging my book at him. "Ow, okay, yep, I deserved that."

"Sorry." I say quietly.

"It's fine, I was being an ass," He shrugs. "Just came to say that it's dinner time and you two need to stop getting so distracted while reading that you forget to eat."

"Don't tell me what to do." I say, going to pick up my book.

"C'mon, food time." He says.

Remus, James and I head out of the library, where we find Sirius waiting right outside the door.

"Do you just refuse to enter the library for any reason?" I ask.

"Yep," He says. "That place is hell."

I roll my eyes and don't bother to question him as we walk to the Great Hall.

~*Remus' POV*~

Later that night, I toss and turn in bed. All I can think about is the kiss.

It didn't mean anything. She only kissed me so we could be free from the spell. It meant nothing.

But it really felt nice.

I sigh and roll over onto my other side.

"Remus, I swear, if you are tossing and turning over Y/n again I will kill you." I hear James say.