15 - Emotions Are Dumb and Confusing

Start from the beginning

"It was okay," He shrugs. "Full moon made life hellish, but other than that it was great."

"That's good," I smile. "I mean, not the full moon stuff, that sucks, but that-"
He chuckles slightly and I realise I had begun rambling.
"Oh shush." I lightly punch his arm.

Suddenly James, Sirius and Peter - who must've just arrived - come over, also hugging Remus.

After this we head on the train, James, Peter and Remus saying goodbye to their parents before we do.

I sit down in my usual seat by the window, looking out at the station, still crowded with people. There's still a bit of time before the train departs, so I guess some people are still saying goodbye to their parents.

Some time goes by, the train's final warning whistle blows.
The boys all talk about their holidays - Sirius obviously leaving out what happened when we were at home - but my eyes meet mum's as she stands on the platform.

She looks angry. She says something, but I cant make it out.

I quickly look away. Sirius looks at me in concern but I just shake my head.

The train begins moving.

Anxiety washes over me.

We're going to have to go back in the summer. This is going to be awful. I cant. I cant do it.

I quickly get out of my seat and exit the compartment.

I walk swiftly to the nearest bathroom. I lock myself in as I try to calm myself.

I flinch when there's a knock.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" I hear Sirius ask.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"You sound like you're crying. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Go away."

"Y/n-"

"Sirius, please just leave me alone." I snap frustratedly.

I hear him sigh.

I then hear another voice coming from the other side of the door, but I cant hear what they're saying. I then hear the sound of footsteps walking away.

"Y/n?" I hear Remus say softly. "Are you okay?"

I don't answer. I cant answer. I just cry.

"Please open the door," He says. "I brought chocolate. I know it's not much but I just thought it might cheer you up a bit."

My heart swells at this. I silently open the door, walk out the bathroom, and wrap my arms around Remus. He's shocked for a moment but quickly hugs me back, wrapping his arms tightly around me as I rest my head on his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly.

"Not really." I mumble.

"Well, there's an empty compartment here, apparently people don't want to sit right beside the bathroom," He says. "Unless you want to go back and be with everyone, me and you could just hang out in there for a while."

"That sounds nice." I say, lifting my head from his chest.

We head to the empty compartment, Remus handing me a bar of chocolate once we're sat down across from each other.

"Anxiety attack?" He questions.

"Yep." I mumble, taking a bite of chocolate.

"Was there maybe anything that triggered it?" He asks before quickly adding: "You don't need to answer that. I- I'm not thinking."