10 - Sleep is for the Dead

Start from the beginning

"I just need to finish this book."

"No, what you need is sleep." He says.

"Like I said, sleep is for the dead." I yawn.

"Y/n." Remus says concernedly.

"Look, I'll finish this then I'll go to sleep." I say as I turn back to the book.

"Then at least let me help you." He says as he sits on the arm of the chair.

"Don't sit up there, you're tall enough as it is." I complain, craning my neck to look up at him. He laughs and sits on the floor next to my legs.

"Better?"

"Yes, much better." I say.

We start studying and I realise that studying is so much more fun when Remus is there, and if there is anything I don't understand, Remus will patiently explain it. He's honestly better at explaining things than most of the teacher at this school. We joke around a bunch, and it makes studying enjoyable.

~*Remus' POV*~

I was explaining something to Y/n when I heard her lightly snoring. I chuckle to myself as I look over and see her passed out. I stand up to find a blanket for her. I find one thrown over one of the couches and gently place it on Y/n.

I gather up all her notes in a pile and put them in her bag, which she had brought down with her, along with the book she was taking notes from.

I look over at her sleeping figure and contemplate what I should do. I cant just leave her down here, but I really don't want to wake her up, she's hardly slept in days.

I sigh slightly before gently nudging her.

"Y/n, wake up," I say softly.

"No thanks," She mumbles and I chuckle lightly.

"You need to go to bed."

"Don't wanna," She grumbles, rolling over to face away from me.

"Y/n, come on." I nudge her again.

Eventually - and miraculously - I eventually manage to get her to wake up and go to bed.

~*Y/n's POV*~

"For fuck sake, that's a terrible idea and it would never work," I say as James, Sirius and Peter plan a prank.

"Well maybe you should help us then." Sirius says sarcastically.

I groan, getting off the couch and sitting on the floor beside them.

"What you want to do is..."

I tell them my prank idea, which they agree is much better, and we go set it up, sneaking around under James' invisibility cloak his father gave him.

The next morning at breakfast we see our prank come to life.

We had managed to put something in the food to change everyone's hair, so anyone who has taken even a small bite of food this morning now has bright red and gold hair. Even Remus, Sirius, James, Peter and I had eaten some food, just to make it seem like we were also victims of the prank.

Some people clearly just find it funny while others are outraged.

"I'll admit it Y/n," James says. "You are an evil genius."

"Thanks?" I say questioningly.

~*𓃦*~