Chapter 2- The Crazy King

Start from the beginning

Aang groans after a few minutes. "Ugh, this is so itchy." He then gestures to Appa. "How do you live in this stuff?"

Appa slowly turns his head towards Aang and snorts at him as if he was scoffing.

"How does he look?" I ask the siblings. Sokka was sitting on a rock beside his sister as Katara was standing their with her arms crossed.

"Great! Now you look just like my grandfather." Sokka responds with a gloomy face.

I do the math in my head. "Technically, Aang is 112 years old."

Sokka playfully rolls his eyes at my comment causing me to stifle a laugh.

Aang nimbly kicks up his staff and spins it rapidly around before placing it upright on the ground to be used as a walking stick. He hunches his back and leans heavily on his staff like an old person. "Now, let's get to skipping, young whippersnappers! The big city awaits!"

We begin walking down the long path to Omashu.

"You guys are going to love Omashu." Aang smiles as we approach closer to the pyramid. "The people here are the friendliest in the world."

"Maybe, a hundred years ago." I mutter.

Sokka slightly elbows my side from my response.

Aang's eyes widen in surprise as he hears the harsh voice of the sentry. We all stop walking.

"Rotten cabbages?!" The voice angrily scoffs. "What kind of slum do you think this is?!"

The talking man, who I assume is a guard, squishes the cabbage he is holding and knocks another two cabbages out of the merchant's hands.

He proceeds by earthbending a rock under the cart, catapulting it high in the air, making it tumble down the chasm with all the cabbages.

The merchant leans over the rim of the path. Dramatically waving his arms in despair. "No! My cabbages!"

Katara, Sokka, Aang and I look over the rim, our mouths open in shock, as a loud crash is heard.

"Friendly, huh?" I elbow Sokka's side from payback from a few minutes ago.

Aang broadly smiles; somewhat nervously. "Just keep smiling."

Katara nervously giggles as we approach the three guards.

Aang approaches the sentries at the gate. The earthbender steps to the front and raises a boulder out of the ground before Aang and levitates it above his head. "State your business!"

Aang quickly runs from underneath the boulder and toward the guard; he halts right in front of the surprised man. "My business is my business, young man, and none of yours."

The boulder crashes down due to the guards lack of concentration as it lands beside the siblings and I. We jump from the sudden impact.

The guard is taken aback by the threateningly pointing finger just centimeters from his face. "I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside!"

Sokka turns to me in shook as his eyes and mouth are wide opened.

The guard speaks in a calmer tone. "Settle down, old timer. Just tell me who you are."