Chapter 1

~ Year 1920 ~

(Y/n) pov

"(Y/n)?, (y/n)? Where are you?" My mother kept calling.

I couldn't hear her so i kept on training for final selection for demon slayers.

I have no idea who i had a sudden urge like it was my calling to become a demon slayer.

"(Y/n), its time for dinner." She called ask she turned the corner, seeing me train with my sword.

"Coming mother, just give me a few more minutes." I responded as sweat rolled down my face.

"Give up those childish dreams. You have everything you could possibly want, why do you want to risk you like for nothing child." Mother was starting to get annoyed.

I gently put my sword away as i looked at her.
"I just feel like i belong on the battlefield. To protect people who can not protect themselves."

"I don't care about the money, but the safety of others matter most to me." I continued.

"I dont want to risk losing u to those creatures." My mom said as tears welled in her eyes. She hugged me as she began to sob.

"Mom, I know. But i want to do this." I said as i comforted her.
"Let's get father and go eat" I smiled.

~ Later ~

You were able to convince your father to join you and you mother for dinner.

"Father, i've decided I want to become a demon slayer." I said breaking the awkward silence.

"Foolish child, do you want to die." He rose his voice.

Everything then went quiet again.

"I just want to go, be able to protect people, to see the real world." I reasoned.

"What could you possibly gain from that you ignorant child!" He slammed his hand on the table.

"I want to feel like i can take care if myself for once!!" I snapped.

He moved back in shock.

"Honey, calm down. Its her choice." Your mother spoke.

"Fine but if something happens to her, just know its her own fault." He said as he stomped off.

I sat there and continued to eat.

In my mind i had finally mad a decision to find a sensei.

After a few days of searching i finally found one.
Her name is Mir-ji