𝟑 | 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

Bắt đầu từ đầu

My dad walks toward the entryway and smiles at my boyfriend. "Hey, bud," he says, holding his hand out.

Rafe shakes his hand firmly and smiles. "Hi, Mr. Moreno."

"Call me Miles," my dad says. "I don't know if I've ever really introduced myself." He laughs slightly.

"Rafe," Rafe says, half-laughing in reply.

"So, where are you taking her?" my dad asks curiously as he puts his hands in his pockets. "What are you guys doing?"

Rafe looks down at me and re-connects his hand with mine. "Just a nice dinner."

"Just a nice dinner," my dad chuckles as he looks at me, remembering what I said earlier. "Any ideas?"

"Yeah, yeah. A few ideas." Rafe grins. "I'll keep it a surprise for her."

I notice my little sister hiding behind the railing of the stairwell, staring at Rafe. "Gen, do you want to come say hi to Rafe?" I ask.

She ignores my words and keeps staring. Rafe waves at her and smiles, which makes her giggle and run back to her room.

"Tell me, Rafe..." my dad starts, which immediately makes Rafe squeeze my hand. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about a fight last night, would you?"

Rafe swallows hard but immediately puts on a fake-concerned look. "No, no. Why, what's up?"

"I heard about a party that got shut down by the police. They walked in and found a guy all bloody on the floor, said most of the students at Kildare Academy were there."

I cough. "I mean, we went, but I guess we left before any of that happened."

"Yeah, we must've just missed it," Rafe says with a nod.

My dad narrows his eyes, and just when I think he's about to say something even worse, he smiles lightly. "Alright, just uh... double-checking. Make sure you take good care of my girl, okay?" he directs to Rafe.

"Of course," Rafe says immediately.

"I don't want her involved in any of that."

A defeated looks spreads across Rafe's face. "I don't either."

My dad nods. "Well, I'd better let you guys go."

"Thanks, Dad," I say before hugging him quickly.

"Have fun," he says. "And be back at a reasonable time. You know."

"Right. It was nice formally meeting you, Mr. Moreno," Rafe says while guiding me through the front door and out to his car.

✧ ˚  ·    .

As Rafe pulls into the parking lot, I look at the building. It's the nicest restaurant in Figure Eight, La Vie En Rose. It sits about a mile away from the country club and overlooks the water.

He parks and opens the passenger door, reaching his hand out for me to grab onto. I start to walk with him toward the building when he looks down at me. "Recognize the name of the building?"

"Mmm-hm." I smile. "Our song."

He smiles back and looks at my lips before leaning down to kiss my cheek.

After a man with a nice suit opens the door for us, we wait behind a couple at the front desk.

"What's the name for your reservation?" a worker asks them.

"Sawyer," the man replies.

The worker scans the screen and smiles. "Tara will lead you to your table."