Chapter 17

Lisa and Jennie sat in stiff fear as they studied Jiyong's facial expressions, waiting for an explosion at any moment.

Lisa was silently praying for a giant hole in the ground to suddenly open up and swallow her and Jennie, and take them anywhere, as long as it was away from their current grim circumstances.

Jiyong finally opened his mouth to speak, "Living room, everyone. Now." His words were firm, and he stood up from his chair, glaring down at Lisa before exiting the dining room.

Dara stood up drearily, without a glance towards her daughter or anyone else.

Rosé sat frozen and awkward, clearing her throat for a moment. "Uhm, I should really get going, I actually have to meet my own girlfriend for our date. Thank you for having me." She smiled fleetingly before throwing a sympathetic look to Jennie and Lisa and quickly exiting the Kim residence.

Lisa and Jennie remained numbly planted to their chairs. Jennie stared straight ahead without blinking, feeling incapable of movement as her mother walked out of the dining room.

"Living room, now!" Jiyong's booming roar quickly startled Jennie out of staring into space, as she jumped to attention.

She sprung up from her chair, looking like a frightened kitten, and quickly rushed out of the room, not even bothering to see if Lisa was following behind her.

Lisa stood up and quickly followed, and even Taehyung and Nayeon walked towards the living room, deciding that tonight, it was best just to do what was asked of them, and try to blend into the background as much as possible.

Jiyong was standing in the middle of the living room, while Dara sat, perched on the end of an antique armchair, her ankles neatly crossed, and her hands folded delicately at her knees. Jiyong's choice of placement was directly across from an empty Victorian style sofa, and Jennie immediately rushed to it. Lisa sat down beside her, and Jennie crossed her legs absentmindedly, forgetting she was in her mother's presence.

"Uncross your legs Jennie. You'll have blue veins running up your thighs by the time you're twenty five." Dara instructed.

Jennie rolled her eyes, but did as she was told, silently musing to herself how like her mother it was to ignore the main problem at hand for a minute issue that nobody but herself was concerned about anyways. Lisa tilted her head to the side, trying to discreetly get a look at Jennie's thighs, to see if there was any truth to what Dara said.

As far as she could tell, there wasn't, as she didn't see any veins showing in Jennie's legs, but then again, she was only seventeen, eight years away from twenty five.

"Are you trying to see up my daughter's skirt?"

Lisa jumped at Jiyong's words, and shook her head vehemently.

Jennie glared over at Lisa and shot her a look that clearly read, 'What the hell is wrong with you?'

"No. I-I wasn't. I was trying to see the... veins." Lisa looked down at the starch white carpet, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Jiyong let it slide, moving on to the more obtrusive issue, "So, you've gotten my daughter pregnant, have you?"

"Yes sir." Lisa squeaked back. She glanced over at Jennie. She sat with her hands folded in her lap, looking up at her father with fearful and innocent eyes. She must have been correct about her outfit choice, because looking at her now, Lisa did find it very hard to believe she was the same girl she'd had sex with a countless number of times over the previous month.

"Well then, what are your plans to support her, now that you've laid waste to her future, and left her without any options?" Jiyong glowered at Lisa.

Lisa couldn't help but feel like her treatment was a little unfair. Of course, she'd expected this reaction out of Jennie's father, but if she were in a less compromising position she would have to point out that it took two to tango. Lisa certainly hadn't beaten Jennie over the head and had sex with her against her will.