Reveal yourself

Dedicated to Hannah, Samantha and Amanda

- who each taught me about friendship, life and dreams.

***** 

Copyright 2013 ©Unidentified.

A single soft wind followed her in as she stepped through the double doors and into the croweded gym. She adjusted her black mask, so it was covering the upper half of her face to perfection. Her blue gown sparkled slightly in the dim light as she nearly flowed across the room. She felt more than just slightly awkward, being among strangers and only strangers.

His eyes roamed the room for someone to keep him entertained all through the night. As she came into his view for the first time, for not more than just a mear second his eyes just passed her, categorizing her as just another boring face in the crowed. He made his way through the crowed, as his eyes singled out a body, that he couldn't help but recognize.

Slowly he made his way towards the girl in the pink dress. His tongue ran across his bottom lip as he imagined his hands on her small and nearly invisible curves - they would have to do.

"Aye Justin, good to see you again." Ryan, his first best friend, greeted him and kept him from moving any closer to the girl.

"Yea, you too man." He spoke, while his eyes never left the pink satin wrapped tightly around her waist. He tried to make his way around Ryan, though it was already too late. A blondie had claimed the pink dressed girls attention and she was now being dragged towards the dance floor by the very tanned guy.

"Damn." He mumbled to himself, cursing Ryan in his mind. What a cock block.

"Okay girls, guys and gays, it's around that time of the night where you need to grab that special someone and bust a little slow dance move." Some annoying junior kid, who had gotten the 'honor' of being the DJ for the night, spoke into the mic, before starting a track with an acoustic version of Price Tag by Jessie J.

"See you later Biebs." Ryan winked at him before wrapping an arm around his own date and dragging her towards the dance floor, along with everyone else in the room. Justin never did the date thing, and he sure wasn't planning on it ever, so of course he hadn't brought any date for the masquerade. He always just singled out a girl and grabbed her before her own date could, but Ryan just had to sabortage that for him.

Glancing around the room he noticed that all of his friends and the rest of the basketball team, was already on the dance floor swaying back and forth with their hands roaming from their girl's waist to her butt.

Shaking his head he knew he had to do something to not look like a complete loser - Justin Bieber never needed any date, he could have anyone he wanted. Unfortunately for Justin, he knew that only the rotten ones would be left in a chair by themself by now.

Raising his stare from his shoes to the refreshment table, he caught sight of someone. As he quickly made his way towards her, he made her out to be somewhat familiar and he quickly realized that his eyes had been laid on her earlier on in the evening, passing her into the box of regular and normal faces. Oh well, she would have to pass.

"Excuse me miss. Would you do me the honor?" He asked in his most polite tone as he held out his hand for her to take.

She was startled for a moment, never expecting anyone to actually talk to her through the night. After all she did fit right in, which was the only reason that she had dressed up in the first place. To fit right in.

"Uhm," Her hesitation knocked him off of his feet. No one was ever hesitant when it came to him. He shrugged it off, guessing that his black mask covered his identity so well that she couldn't possibly recognize him. "Sure." She flashed him a shy smile and his confident grew within an instant. No one had ever turned down an offer from Justin, and quite honestly; why would they?

He had it all. The smile, the eyes, the seductive voice, the body and the spiked up hair going perfectly with his lady friendly reputation.

Insecurity hit her body like waves of the ocean, as his smirk grew bigger while leading her towards the sea of moving bodies.

She avoided his perfectly honey brown eyes, as he wrapped his arms around her waist and she found herself with no choice, but to place her arms around his neck, to steady herself.

"You look beautiful." He complimented her to grab her attention, which he fortunately succeeded in doing so.

"Thanks." She muttered, not really feeling the whole slow dance thing. Actually dances, dresses and punch was not her scene at all and she cursed her mother for forcing her to go. Even in another country that woman had the total power of her and she hated it.

"That dress really has a way of complimenting your eyes." He flashed her his innocent smile, all while his mind was running over inappropriate things he would have loved to do with her - all involving him tearing her out of her dark blue dress.

Realizing his game, she gained her usual confident and feisty tune. "I couldn't imagine that to work on anyone in this room, -" She trailed off, wanting so badly to adress him probably though she never caught his name.

"It's Justin - and believe it or not, it's worked on everyone in this room so far." He leaned closer to her on purpose, making his voice sound hoarse and seductive over the slow music. He was a little surprised that she still couldn't recognize him, but ones again he just shrugged it off.

"Well, I guess we have to break that routine, Justin." She put pressure on his name, as if to taunt him. She enjoyed herself as his face dropped in surprise, though his smirk was soon replaced with a stronger and even bigger one.

"Remove your mask." His hoarse voice commanded, still dangerously close to her face. His brown eyes locked on hers.

"That would be against the rules." She smirked back at him, knowing perfectly well that she could and would win their little show off.

"Well I'm a rule breaker, baby." His smirk matched hers. He had never found any competition in girls, though this one was a clear challenge and he was more than just enjoying their little game of remarks. "At least, tell me your name?" He was surprised to see that her eyes never strained from his. Not even as his tongue got in contact with his bottom lip.

"Why ruin the fun?" She asked as the song ended and before he could even gather an understandable reply, she had disappeared into the sea of masked students.

Damn.

Yet again his tongue ran across his bottom lip as he watched the place she had vanished. He had never tasted a challenge, but now that he had; he was determinant to taste it again.

She was quick to make her way to the black SUV parked in the far end of the parking lot. As she placed herself in the comfortable leather seat, she ripped the stupid mask off, tossed it on the passenger seat and turned the keys making the ignition wake from its slumber.

A grin was playing on her lips, as she thought about the little game of remarks and show off that she had the clear impression that she had won. After all she had gotten a little fun out of the night, though that did not help the fact that she was fuming mad at her mother for forcing her to go.