"he was watching me, his eyes as deep as earth."

patroclus pov:

i hold on to achilles' hand while we look up at the night sky. we recall constellations that chiron had taught us long ago. this and this and this.

i roll over so that i'm facing him and i can see the mop of tangled golden hair lying next to me. his eyes shine brightly like the stars and when i stare for long enough, i can see flecks of gold  amidst the mossy green.

"you really love staring at me huh?" achilles rolls over and clasps our hands in the middle between our warm bodies.

i don't feel ashamed for staring but i still look away, cheeks flushed. he places his hand on the side of my face, making me look at him.

"don't you wanna know if i stare at you too?"

pfft. i laugh because that's such a silly question to ask. "yeah, i guess. i don't know what you would wanna stare at tho- mmph!"

i'm immediately cut off by his warm lips on mine. his breath smells faintly of honey and something else that's sweet. the feeling of his mouth on mine is enough to make me feel ecstatic, right down to the tip of my toes.

one of his hands is still on the side of my face whilst the other starts traveling to the hem of my tunic. with one swift motion, he unbuckles my belt and pulls away to lift the fabric up and over my head.

"achilles...?"

his finger lifts to my lips. "shh, be quiet."

he leans in for another kiss but after a few seconds i can feel his teeth skimming my bottom lip until it hurts.

i open my eyes to see achilles making no intention to stop biting my mouth. i try to pull away.

"ah... achilles! it.. it hurts."

he places his hand on the back of my head and presses his chest to mine. he murmurs into my mouth, "that's what's going to happen if you keep doubting yourself patroclus."

my lips are starting to feel slightly numb but i can't think straight. his chest is so warm and firm. i feel like the luckiest person alive to be making out with this man right now.

finally, we pull apart and we turn our gazes back to the night sky. we're both breathing heavily but i know i enjoyed every moment of it. well, except for the biting part but it was sort of nice to see achilles assert some dominance.

"you're really pretty when you're in pain you know," achilles says from beside me. i flush. he smirks and i shove him.

"please don't let that be our thing."