What is Real and What is Fake?

Start from the beginning

Hyunjin points down the hall to the kitchen feebly, hand somewhat trembling.

"In the trash, uhm I was throwing away some stuff and there's blood," Hyunjin stumbles over his words as they pass over his lips.

It almost hurts him physically to even mutter them.

He continues, "Like...a lot of blood and tissue too. It was kinda covered by other things so I moved everything on top and there was just - there was so much."

Chan stills, "Blood?"

Hyunjin nods in affirmation, "Lix - you don't think he...hyung if Felix-"

Chan feels his stomach drop, "Maybe he just had a nosebleed?"

Chan isn't sure if he believes himself.

Hyunjin shakes his head, throat closing up as tears well up in his eyes.

"Hyung please - there was so so much blood. He's done something really really bad - he's gonna die, he's going-he's going to die!"

Hyunjin starts to panic, he can't breathe.

He can't breathe he can't breathe he can't breathe.

"Hyunjin don't say that!" Chan cries, he feels his chest ache as everything truly dawns on him.

He gets up from his seat and engulfs Hyunjin into a hug. Immediately Hyunjin's hands fly to claw at Chan's t-shirt. He wraps it up in his little fingers and feels himself shaking.

Chan gulps as he raises a hand to pet at Hyunjin's hair, "Oh Jinnie...you're such a good boy. Don't panic. It'll all be okay. Everything will be okay."

Hyunjin shakes his head as he buries his face into Chan's neck.

No nothing is okay. It hasn't been okay for a while now. Why is everything going so wrong?

"Where is he right now? Is he- where's he gone?" Hyunjin wails, words coming out in short stuttering bursts.

Chan thinks for a second...he knew Felix left about an hour or two ago. He was mad and upset and Chan knew better to follow him out.

"He went to the practice room."

Hyunjin pales darkly, face white and ghostly.

"Look, we'll go to the studios now and he'll be there and he'll be all fine."

His voice breaks as he lies. Chan doesn't believe it. Hyunjin doesn't buy it.

They rush out the house, coats left forgotten on their hooks as they dash to the car. Chan doesn't even put his seatbelt on, he just fucking drives.

The roads pass by in a blur as they speed through the streets, Hyunjin doesn't even know if he's breathing anymore. He doesn't even feel real right now, just a physical embodiment of utter terror and fear.

He's so scared. Petrified. So many thoughts are racing through his mind...and they're bad thoughts. Bad bad thoughts. God he feels sick to his stomach. He could throw up any second.

The nauseating image of all that blood hastily covered up in the trash has been branded in the forefront of his mind. He can't stop thinking about it. Hyunjin knuckles at his eyes in frustration, it's burnt into his eyes. It makes him want to fucking scream.

He barely processes it when he jumps out the car and sprints into the studio building, heart thumping in his chest as he scrambles up the stairs. He couldn't wait for the elevator to come - he just needed to run.

Footsteps slamming against the floor, Hyunjin ignores the confused stares he gets from people in the corridors. He knows how much of a mess he must look right now, fuck he didn't even change his clothes. But it doesn't matter. He needs to get to Felix and he needs to get to him now. He can worry about his personal image when he knows his friend is safe. When his family is safe.