#6

Hayden's POV -
My phone starts ringing and I answer immediately. I know who it is, having only one number on my phone.
"Rosalie."
"What the hell."
"What precisely are we talking about?"
"The nineteen year old you murdered."
"Oh. Her. She was pretty."
"She was barely an adult."
"She had three assault charges and a murder charge, all of which were scrapped because daddy paid them off."
"She could have changed."
"People don't change, Rosalie."
"You took her coat."
"I needed one."
"It's just... There was someone I knew who was found a similar way."
"I didn't do anything to her except what I had to. She wasn't as innocent as the papers say. The animals you slaughter aren't guilty. She was. Simple as that."
"You kill the guilty?"
"Yes. So, we good?"
I hear her sigh on the other end of the phone.
"Sure."
She hangs up on me and I smile. I never wanted a mate. A family. They let you down. But Rosalie's growing on me. She's resistant too, and protecting herself and her family. She's good.

Rosalie POV -
The next day, Hayden is sitting on one of the benches, reading a book. Jax the football captain is there trying to talk to her.
"So, dinner? Tonight. I'll pick you up at 6.30?" He asks her.
"Nope."
"Why not, beautiful?"
"You are definitely not my type."
"Tell me your type, and I'll tell you if I'm it."
She smirks, "Jax. I'm a lesbian."
"Hot. Bet I can make you like me, though."
"Bet you can't."
"It's just one date, baby." He reaches out and grabs her wrist.
"Leave me alone." Her voice is deeper and full of vibration. He gets an almost glassy look in his eye and walks away. She glares at him from behind his back, before going back to reading her book. I go to my American History class with and sit in my seat, Jasper coming in a few minutes later.

We don't talk about anything other than French in class, but we talk a bit. And I don't immediately run away at the end of class. I join my family in the lunch hall, grabbing an orange on my way past. Hayden walks in, grabs a coke and leaves.
"Dude, Jessica's going to try and ask out Edward," Emmett tells me, before muttering, "and you were staring at Hayden."
I sit back in my chair and wait for the show to begin. Jessica's friends push her to do it.
"Fine," she says as she got up. She walked to our table and looked at Edward.
"Umm, hi Edward. Are you free tonight? To go to Port Angeles for dinner? It doesn't have to be tonight... It could be at the weekend or...?"
"Jessica, I'm not going on a date with you."
"O-oh okay. But..."
"Jessica, please don't embarrass your self further."
"Okay."
She walks away.
"Was that really necessary?" Alice asks him quietly. Edward raises his eyebrow and rolls his eyes.
"You aren't the one getting asked out multiple times a month."
Jasper pulls her into him with the arm around her shoulders and kisses her temple. "No she isn't," he says, smiling. She smiles back.
"You guys are disgustingly cute," Emmett jokes. Albert playfully punches his shoulder.
"You can be disgustingly cute too," he says, kissing Emmett's cheek.
"But I'm that cute. All the time."
Albert rolls his eyes.
"Jalice is disgustingly cute. You two are still kinda cute though, in your own way," I tell them.
"I agree," Edward says from across the table.
"Whatever," Emmett tells us.
"I'm going to the library," I say, before leaving the table.