1

8 months ago

It was Valentine's day and everyone was going out on Valentines day dinners with their partners or doing whatever else. For the first time, Lily was one of those people.

Around three months ago, before the race in Abu Dhabi Lily and Arthur had one of their usual petty "arguments".

"We are friends Lily" Arthur says walking through the paddock "No, we tolerate each other because we have the same friends. I don't like you, you don't like me"

"Well we have tolerated each other for a fair bit of time, you know since its been eight years"

"Congratulations Arthur you can count" she smiles sarcastically "remember not to cry when I bar you in this race"

"When you beat me? Oh mon amour. You think too highly of yourself" he laughs "I think too highly of myself? Your ego is bigger than the amount of points I have this season, heads up its quite a lot of points"

"Shittiest comeback ever au fait" by the way "Awe he's speaking French. That's so hot Leclerc" she nods with the fakest smile "I'm not trying to be hot, you must just find it hot" he winks

"ne fais plus jamais ça" never do that again "why does it turn you on?" he smirks staring down at her "bye Arthur" she says walking into the McLaren motorhome to see her brother "tu n'as pas répondu à la question" you didn't answer the question

"I think we both know the answer"

-

"so when are you going to tell her?" Ollie asks following him about while getting ready for the race "never"

"You do realise she feels the same way"

"did she tell you that?"

"Well...no but" Arthur raises his eyebrows bringing his fireproofs over his shoulder "Look, I've been best friends with her since the womb, literally. She doesn't have to tell me for me to tell. I can just look at the two of you and tell you would be a great couple"

"Okay Oliver, well I'm glad we got our feelings out, but right now I have to go win this championship against a girl I'm supposed to hate, or as people like to say, my enemy"

"enemies to lovers?"

"Ollie"

"sorry"

The race was close very close. Lily won, which meant she has say access to Formula 1. Arthur watched her with a smile, hidden by his helmet, as Lily celebrate with her team and her brother.

Her brother, Lando Norris. The boy that "hated" Arthur more than anyone else in the world. He wasn't quite sure how Lando grew to dislike him but he did. Arthur learned to deal with it whenever he came over.

"Congratulations Norris, I'm so very annoyed about what just happened but I'm trying to look like good sportsmanship" he lies

He was happy for her. He was actually very proud of her.

"Thank you Arthur, you raced great. Very close"

That night Lando and Lily got on a flight with the Leclerc's back to Monaco, they were going to the same place, leaving at the same time. It made sense.

"No ace can mean once of eleven" Lily argues "It means one" Arthur says throwing his hands in the air knocking over the water Lily was drinking "Arthur!" Lily complains hitting his arm "Sorry, I'm sorry"

"Arthur come on" Charles says handing Lily a towel "I didn't mean to!" he says patting towels on her "Can you stop patting my sister chest while I'm right here" Lando sighs looking at the cards, ignoring the fact his sisters white shirt had now become see through