𝟏𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧

Start from the beginning

"I don't know if you can hear me hermanita but the doctors said you can." Joel said as he put his crutches aside and took a seat on the chair that was right beside the hospital bed. "I just wanted you to know what's going on so you don't feel like you missed anything." Joel said, taking a hold of the young girl's hands.

"Coach Billy came by earlier and gave mom and I some great news from the LA Tribune. Coach has been named Division Coach of the Year and Spencer the Division player of the year. Your big brother here was named the Senior Varsity player of the year. Not as big as Spencer's but it's something right." Joel said followed by a chuckle as a tear split out his eyes as he saw how his sister was asleep breathing through a tube.

"Also the High School Sports Magazine that you're on the cover of came in the mail today. It's being released for sales in a week. You will love it." Joel said giving a small forced chuckle as he brought his head down.

"I need you to wake up hermanita." Joel said not being able to hold back his sobs. "Please wake up." Joel said looking back up at his sister who still remained asleep. "Wake up hermanita." Joel said silently crying as he laid his head to rest on his sister's stomach with her hand still in his.

Outside in the waiting area were the Baker and the Parker families waiting and praying for the young girl to wake up.

"Hey mom I'm going to go in and be with her for a little bit." Olivia said as she stood up from her seat to walk down the hallway.

"Alright sweetheart." Laura nodded her head in response to her daughter's statement.

"Hey Liv, wait up." Jordan said coming into the waiting area in time to join his sister. Both of the Baker kids made their way down the hallway to reach the room decorated with balloons and flowers. They knocked on the door before entering knowing that her brother was currently in there.

Joel hearing the soft knock quickly brought his head up and took his hand away from his sisters and wiped his tears away.

"I'll give you all some time with her." Joel said, reaching for his crutches to stand up.

"Hey Joel." Olivia said, walking over to him quickly pulling him into a soft hug that Joel molded himself into. He took a deep breath before sobbing on the young girl's shoulder. Jordan as he walked in behind Olivia quickly reached over and pulled both of them into a hug. The three shared a hug as Sophia layed on the bed inches away from them.

"She's going to make it through this." Olivia said as they pulled away from the hug.

"She's strong." Jordan added, sending a small nod towards the young Castro boy in front of him.

"Yeah." Joel said sniffing while he nodded his head. "I don't like seeing her this way, she's my hermanita." Joel said, looking over at his sister before turning back to the Baker Twins. "I'll leave y'all with her." Joel said with a small smile.

" Joel said with a small smile