14. The battle

The day arise. Everyone picked up their clothes and were getting ready for the battle.

However, the emptiness was killing Hazel. She was sitting on the couch waiting for Hermione, Bella and Theo to come.
"Hazel" a soft voice spread into the hall.

She looked up at Bella but said nothing. Bella noticed Hazel is little bit scared. She smiled softly and went nearer to Hazel. She sat on the couch and rest her arm on Hazel's shoulder "Are you scared ?"

Hazel nodded lightly.
"Why are you so scared ?"
"I am not exactly scared. I am worried to go over there"
"But you are good at dueling now. Why are you worried then ?"
"It's not about me"

Bella raised her eyebrows.
"It's about you. About Theo. About Hermione. About Narcissa, Lucius and Draco. It's the battle. And I am scared. I can't afford to lose anyone. Especially you"

Bella pulled Hazel towards herself.
"Hazel Hazel. Calm down. Nothing will happen to us. Nothing will happen to me. Trust me" Bella's puppy eyes, looking at Hazel which made Hazel cried.

"I have already lost many things. And I can't afford to lose someone loving like you. Someone protective like Theo. Someone caring like Hermione. Someone sweet and kind like Narcissa. For me it's not easy. We are going there now. But I am worried what will happen over there".

"Don't worry Hazel"
"And the most which I am worried about is Voldemort. How he'll react when he'll know that we all are on Harry's side"
"He won't do anything"
"You can't say that. I don't believe him"

"HeLLo HaZel" Theo said cutely, laughing.
"You dumb. How you are so free like it is not a big deal ?"

Theo came closer to her, smiling. He sat down on the floor and placed his head on her lap. Hazel softly moved her hand on his face.

He whispered "You got better than you were before. Stronger. Smarter. And better"
"No Theo" she almost had tear in her eyes getting ready to fall off her cheeks.
He looked up "If I die today, promise me you'll take care of mom"

Hazel didn't realise Theo was going to say this. All of sudden she smacked him. He pulled himself back.
"Are you out of you mind Theo ?"
"I am saying the possibility"
"You're making me more worried. Nothing else.."
"I am not"

"You are....Why don't you understand what's going in my mind ? For me this is not easy. Understand it. Please. I can't afford to lose anyone. These cuts are getting deeper"

"Hazel it's the possibility. It can happen. It's a battle. Anything can happened over there. I can die. You can die. Hermione can die. Anything can be happened"
"NO.... PLEASE !!!!!" Hazel wrapped her legs quickly and shook her head vigorously "IT CANNOT BE HAPPENED!!!! NO !!"

"Theo is right" Bella hugged Hazel "We will try to keep you save. But it's a battle. It's not necessary that everytime we can keep you safe. And I have seen you. You can save yourself. You don't need us. Just don't let your strength lower down because of us. We'll save ourselves. You save yourself.

You are strong enough to fight for yourself. You came so far Hazel. You went through your hard times. Sometimes you failed. But you learned to grow up. You went through all this. And you are here now. I know you'll save yourself. I want you to be happy and safe.

If anything happened to us. Don't sit and cry for us. You live your life. And if possible forgive Draco".

Theo interrupted "Let's go".
Bella stood up and offered her hand for Hazel.

Hazel looked at her hand.
"Come on Hazy"

Hazel held her hand softly and muttered "Don't know if I can again hold your hand like this"