𝟐 | 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Of course it pisses me off, I'm just—" a male voice returns. "I'm just trying to channel my rage into different vectors right now."

I purse my lips as I realize that I recognize those voices.

Rafe walks past me into the hallway and toward the balcony. I take a deep breath in before following him slowly. As I turn the corner, I find him already standing on the balcony and staring out into the yard.

"Look, we know what you did!" Kiara screams from outside the fence, staring directly at Rafe.

I walk closer to Rafe as I watch Pope lift Kiara into his arms and attempt to drag her away.

"Murderers!" she shouts as loud as her voice will let her.

Rafe's hands tense up into fists as he stands oddly still.

Kiara finally moves Pope's hands off of her and walks toward the boat that's waiting for them in the water.

Rafe licks his lips before turning around and walking back to his room. I follow him awkwardly, my brain racking with thoughts of whatever just happened.

"They're lying," he says as he holds his bedroom door open for me.

"I know, Rafe," I say, grabbing my purse off of his bed.

"I don't know what the hell they're doing." His voice shakes as he speaks, signifying how irritated he is.

"Don't worry about it right now. Your dad will figure it out, I'm sure of it." I walk closer to the doorframe. "Let's go have fun, okay?"

He nods with a blank face.

✧ ˚  ·    .

After about five minutes of driving, we turn the corner to see a large mansion packed with teenagers. It looks about ten times bigger than Topper's party a few weeks ago. Rafe parks down the street and opens the passenger door for me, holding tightly onto my hand as we walk toward the house.

I immediately notice people's heads start to turn at the sight of us. I try to look in front of me and avoid eye contact at all costs, but it's almost as if I can feel people's eyes piercing through me.

Rafe opens the front door, places his hand on the lowest part of my back, and guides me inside. He notices Kelce and a couple other guys playing beer pong, so we make our way over to them.

"Hey, Rafe, you made it!" Kelce daps him up and looks at me. "Making it official, huh?" he asks before looking back to Rafe.

"Yeah, well. It's been official, but..." He pauses to look down at me with a proud smile on his face. "Just wanted to finally show her off," he says, leaning down to kiss my cheek.

I can't tell if the heat on my face is from him making me blush or the amount of eyes I can feel burning into the back of my head.

"Okay, I see you," one of the boys says before going back to the game.

Rafe looks down at me before putting his mouth up to my ear. "I'm gonna go get some drinks. I'll find something good for you, alright?" he whispers.

"Okay," I say as I watch him weave his way through the crowd, leaving me with his friends.

"Hey hey," a guy says casually as he comes up from behind me.

I whip my head around and widen my eyes slightly. "Hi, Topper."

"How are you?" he asks.

"Good," I say, pursing my lips.

"That's good to hear." He smiles. "You should come sit," he says, pointing to a set of couches by the pool that have about five guys sitting on them.