1

..
1989
..

Patrick was outside the school. He was waiting for Henry as always. He barely saw Henry all day and was excited to be able to lay eyes on him again. Hell. He might even get an arm wrapped around him. Or even better, a hug.
Patrick's eyes lit up as he saw henry walk out of the doors. He waited for Henry to walk over before holding his arm out to Henry. He wanted to see what he would do.
"Bowers!! I haven't seen you all day, dude. You gotta fill me in."

Henry looked up at patrick and scoffed a bit before walking up next to patrick. Patrick's arm wrapped over his shoulder. They normally walked like this. It was comfy even though it probably gave people the wrong idea. Him and Patrick weren't dating. He wasn't interested in him and he thought patrick wasn't either. Though prior actions could leave that undetermined. Henry shoved his hands in his pockets and looked off to the side
"I know. Nothing happened, hockstetter. You're not missing out on anything."

Patrick grinned down at henry. He knew Henry didn't feel the same but he liked henry..loved him. He dragged henry along, walking down the sidewalk. Patrick shrugged and looked up, watching where he was going.
"Uh huh. You'd tell me if something did happen though, right?"
Patrick smiled hopefully as Henry reassured him. Patrick looked around.
"You gonna hang out? We could go to the junkyard. It's always quiet there, yeah?"

Henry sighed quietly. He had looked away from patrick to glare at other kids passing by. He hated everyone. Sometimes even his own gang. Sometimes even Patrick. He glanced back up at patrick, Patrick's question having grabbed Henry's attention. He thought of an answer and nodded.
"Yeah. Junkyards fine. Just don't do anything stupid."

Patrick laughed quietly at Henry's comment before glancing down at him and ruffling his hair a bit to annoy him.
"Me? Doing something stupid..? You must not know who you're talking to, bowers."
Patrick laughed again and pulled Henry closer.

Henry rolled his eyes and kept his eyes forward. The two of them walked into the junkyard and went into a little clearing further in the back. Henry hopped onto the roof of a car and sighed. He liked being here but since he was with Patrick he was probably going to have to hear about his dead animal collection. He watched at patrick walked towards an old fridge and leaned against it.

Patrick looked over at henry and smiled. He didn't really have anything to talk about. But he was thinking about something to say. He didn't wanna keep Henry bored. Patrick exhaled sharply then hopped onto the roof of the car next to henry, crossing his arms and looking around.

Henry watched patrick hop down next to him. He looked up at him. Even sitting down he was a little taller. This got on his nerves. They weren't too far apart but Patrick always felt the need to point out how much shorter henry was. Henry took a small scoot away from patrick and huffed.
"No new animals?"

Patrick smiled widely once he heard Henry's question. He looked down at him and shook his head chuckling.
"Nope. Not today..haven't been that many strays lately."
Patrick shrugged and leaned up on henry, seemingly trying to be annoying. But he also kinda wanted to be affectionate. Again, he loved and adored him.

Henry looked over at patrick and nodded slightly. Playfully pushing patrick once he leaned on him.
"That sucks. You could always just invite me to help you look."
He pushed Patrick again and laid down on the windshield. Putting his arms behind his head.

Patrick laughed a bit and followed henry down, seeing it as an opportunity to get some cuddling in. He scoot closer to henry and looked up
"Well I never thought you'd be interested, honestly. But hey, I'll invite you next time."
Patrick shrugged and looked to the side, staring at a small pile of junk.

Henry grinned before chuckling and looking over at the exit. 
"What made you think that? Hell, I'd kill a human if I was given the chance."
Henry joked. Before looking back at patrick.
"The suns starting to go down. I should go home before my dad flips."

Patrick laughed at Henrys comment before quickly sitting up and nodding.
"Alright! I'll see you tomorrow bowers."
Patrick thought before deciding to kiss his cheek out of spite. It wouldn't be the worst thing he's done.

Henry pushed Patrick's face and waved bye before hopping off of the car and walked out of the junkyard, shoving his hands in his pockets. It didn't take him long to get home.

Patrick smiled and got off of the car. He was sad to see Henry leave but there wasn't much he could do about it. He walked out of the junkyard and went home as well. Excited that he'd see Henry again tomorrow. And they wouldn't even have school. It's truly a win-win for him.