𝚘.𝟹 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐩𝐭.𝟏

Start from the beginning

"Hi, Max. And amm Possie. I'm Dustin, and this is--" the boy with curly hair told us and his friend completed his sentence
"Lucas" he said with a smile.
"Yeah, we know. The stalkers" I said and Max just laughed softly.
"Uh no. Actually..." the two boys said stuttering. Which made me giggle.
"We weren't stalking you." Lucas said looking kinda nervous.
"No, we were just concerned because, you know, you're new and all" Dustin told us also nervously. I don't know why they're so nervous, I mean I know I'm really pretty but I'm seven years younger than them so definitely not. Although maybe they could be here for Max, oooh that makes more sense.

"Y-Yeah, for your safety." Lucas said completing again not Dustin started him. It is obvious that these boys do not know how to start conversations.
"Mmm-hmm. There are a lot of bullies here" Dustin said trying to explain himself.
"So many bullies, it's crazy" Lucas said stuttering.
"Yeah" Dustin finished.
"Is that why you're wearing proton packs?" Maxi said sarcastically.
"Well, these don't function. But... I do have this handy-dandy little trap here. And look, it even opens and closes" Dustin said showing us his trap, I looked at him with an amazed face until I saw that Max saw him with a disgusted face so I changed my face to a more serious one.
"Look, look, look... Voilà" Dustin said making a funny face which made me laugh for a moment but then I returned to my serious self.
"It's cool, right?" Lucas said chuckling.
"No? okay. But, um... So, we were talking last night, and you're new here, so you probably don't have any friends to take you trick-or-treating, and you're scared of bullies, so we were thinking, that it'd would be okay if you come with us" Dustin said while Lucas just nodded. It seemed like they were getting a bit sad about Max's behavior which made me feel a bit bad for them, since Max can be rude without realizing it.
"It'd be okay?" Max said repeating what Dustin had said.
"Yeah. Our party's a democracy, the majority voted you could come." Dustin said as Lucas just stared at Max, causing me to wince.
"I didn't realize it was such an honor to go trick-or-treating with you." Max replied sarcastically, so I smacked her on the shoulder causing her to push me back.
"ouch" I said softly
"Yeah, we know where to get the full-sized candy bars. We figured you'd want in." dustin replied back.

"That's presumptuous of you" I said making them put a face of confusion at the word I had just said
"Yeah. Totally. Uh so, umm... you'll come?" Dustin told us while Lucas continued with a confused face.

Max just rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand leading me to the next class.
"We're meeting at the Maple Street cul-de-sac at 7:00. That's seven on the dot." I looked back as Dustin yelled at us.

"So Maxi... Are we going?" I looking at Max with puppy dog eyes.
"Agh I don't know P, why would we. Come on we'll be late for class"

Classes were over so I got on Max's skateboard and she got on later but we took a longer way where there were some ramps which was really fun for me and I laughed all the way.
Max just looked down at me and smiled.

But I stopped laughing when we got to Billy's car and he didn't look very happy at all.
"You're late again" Billy told us without turning to look at us.
"Yeah, we had to get catch-up homework" Max said lying to protect us.
"Jesus I don't care. You're late again, and you'll be skating home. Do you hear me?" Billy replied angrily. While Max helped me into the car.

We were on our way home and as usual the whole way was bumpy and Billy was going a thousand miles an hour, which made me a little freaked out.

"God, this place is such a shithole" Billy said while smocking.
"It's not that bad" I said without giving any importance.
"No?" Billy answered in question mode and then lowered the windows of the car.
"You smell that, Possie?! That's actually shit. Cow shit!" Billy said causing me to shrug my shoulders.
"I don't see any cows." Max replied when she saw that I wasn't going to answer, and then rolled up the windows.
"Clearly, you haven't met the high-school girls" Billy said mockingly.
"So what, you like it here now?" Billy kept saying but now angrily.
"No." Max and I answered at the same time.
"Then why are you defending it?" Billy asked us but only Max answered.
"I'm not"
"Sure sounds like it." Billy said without taking his eyes off the road.
"It's just we're stuck here, so..." Max said and that gave me a bad feeling about what was going to happen.
"Hmm. You're right. We're stuck here... And whose fault is that?" Billy answered looking at Max and then at me.
"Yours" Max said in a whisper but we all heard her.
"What'd you say?" Billy asked raising his voice.
"nothing" Max mumbled back.
"Did you say it's my fault?" Billy asked to which I replied.
"No she didn't"

"You know whose fault it is. Say it" Billy said turning to see me.
"Possie..."
Billy said somewhat annoyed.
"say it..." But I didn't answer because I was afraid of what Billy might do. "Say it!" Billy yelled in my face which made me start to cry silently.
And he started to drive faster.
"Billy, slow down." Max said realizing that the kids we talked to were riding bikes near us.
"Oh, these your new hick friends?"
"No! I don't know them" Max answered nervously. And then Billy answered her.
"I guess you won't care if I hit 'em, then? I get bonus points, I get 'em all in one go?"
"No, Billy, stop. It's not funny." I said seeing how Max got angry at Billy's behavior.
But Billy didn't care, so Max angrily yelled at him.
"Billy, come on, stop it! It's not funny. Stop!"
"Billy stop it!" I screamed making Max take the steering wheel and make a sharp turn, because of that I hit my head with the window making it bleed but I didn't say anything just to not make the situation worse.
"Yeah! that was a close one, huh?" Billy yelled mockingly.
Making Max turn back to see if the boys were alright and in that she saw how I hold my head holding back tears. She looked at me with a concerned face and just cupped my cheek whispering something which I didn't quite understand since I started to see blurry.

੭* ‧₊°◞♡༉‧₊˚✧✩˚。⋆

੭* ‧₊°◞♡༉‧₊˚✧✩˚。⋆

I'm back! I didn't like this one as much but meh. I will do a part 2 soon which is gonna be really short but anyways hope you have a great day.
STREAM COAST BY HAILEE STEINFELD NOW!!!