ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ | ʜᴇ's ʙᴀᴄᴋ

Start from the beginning

      "Like royally." Julie chimed in, getting an image of Billy clad in an orange jumpsuit in prison.

      El sat up and looked to Max's comic books on the bed. "Who... is that?" She pointed to Wonder Woman.

      "And, that's my cue. Enjoy." Julie quickly kissed both girls on the tops of their heads and retreated to her own bed, pulling back the covers and slipping in. She turned her walkman on and put her headphones on, successfully drowning out the girls' voices with Madonna's voice.

      As she started to fall asleep, Julie was left to wonder what everyone else was doing at this moment. The boys were probably in Mike's basement, Nancy and Jonathan were probably screwing, Joyce was probably home, Hopper was probably watching Magnum P.I., Robin was probably waiting for hers and Julie's favorite show to come on, and Julie didn't care about what Steve or Billy were doing.

      She should've wondered more about what Billy was doing, but she didn't.

•••

      The next morning, all three girls were sound asleep. Julie had fallen asleep quickly the night before, even though El and Max were giggling the whole night in the other bed.

      Julie was laying on her stomach, with her head turned towards Max's bed. Her eyes were closed, and her arm brushed the floor where comic books, mix tapes and Max's annoying radio that was going off rested.

      "Do you copy? This is a code red." It was Lucas, and boy was he pissing Julie off. There was radio static, before Lucas continued trying to get Max's attention. "I repeat, this is a code red. Max, do you copy? This is a code red."

      "Shut... up." Max said loudly into the radio, turning it off and tossing it to the floor. Julie was barely awake, so there was still hope that she could go back to sleep before she had to be up for work.

      But moments later, the phone rang. Max shot up in bed, and Julie groggily opened her eyes. "You've got to be kidding me." Max scoffed, getting out of bed and stomping over to the phone which was still ringing.

      "Max!" Julie groaned, rubbing her tired eyes.

      "I know, I'm sorry." Max apologized, lifting the phone to her ear. "I'm sleeping. Go away."

      From Julie's close range, she could hear the voice of Mike Wheeler on the other line. "This is Mike. Do not hang up. Something happened, something bad. Our very lives can be at stake." He said, his words making Julie flop over onto her back and cover her head with her pillow.

      "What are you talking about?" Max asked.

      "Just come over to my house, and bring Julie."

      "Bring Julie? Why?" Max asked again, glancing at Julie, who was trying to go back to sleep

      "Just come over and we'll explain everything." Mike pushed.

      "What?"

      "Hurry." Mike said, hanging up the phone.

      El, who was still laying in Max's bed raised her head towards the ginger. "What did he say?" She asked.

      Max sighed. "I guess we're going over to the Wheeler's. Get dressed, J." Max walked to Julie's bed, shaking a half-asleep Julie's arm.

      "I have work, Max." Julie grumbled, removing the pillow from her face.

      "This is more important. Call your boss, and get dressed."

•••