Pronunciations and Author's Note

Kleomede - KLEE-oh-MEE-dee (Stole name from Cleomede, a Naiad nymph who is the mother of a Trojan ally. Reference photo "une nymphe dans la foret" painting by Lenoir, also cover)

Androkles - AN-druh-kleez (Stole his name from the fable Androcles and the Lion, reference photo Odysseus from Troy, 2004 played by Sean Bean)

Leonidas - lee-oh-NIH-das (means "lion," I couldn't resist)

Lysander - LIH-san-dur (real-life Spartan leader)

Morea - mor-EE-uh

I tried to use the non-Latinized names and spellings throughout (i.e. "Ilion" for Troy, "Klytaimnestra" for Clytemnestra, with the conscious exception of "Mykene" for Mycenae, because it's apparently pronounced my-SEE-nee and that was confusing to me)

**Spoilers beyond this point**

The more I researched the Bronze Age, ancient Greece, Greek mythology and culture, etc., the more I felt the need to give deserving fictitious folks a happy ending. I was so tempted to kill off Lysander (my husband came home one day and was concerned that I was giddy at the thought of killing someone...) but can you blame him for loving my heroine? So even he got his happy ending.

Agamemnon of course does not get a happy ending, but in the Epic Cycle Clytemnestra's lover, Aegisthus, kills him so his fate was already sealed.