17 ✦ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤

Start from the beginning

"You looked like an angel to me when I saw you first," said Lily, running her fingers through Crystal's hair, "When your eyes opened, it felt as though we were looking into the deep sea, frozen just to make your beautiful eyes, I forgot -- what do they say among Muggles -- yeah, like a God's gift,"

"Avi said you've your father's eyes, Crysie," said James, "that's all we know. . . about his appearance. . . "

✰✰✰✰✰✰

The next morning was a chaotic start of the day since Harry again overslept this year too.

Thankfully, they were already packed, ready to leave after the breakfast. They had planned to meet Ron and the Weasleys outside the King Cross station before boarding the train.

The Potters with Crystal, reached the station half an hour early. Harry sent his parents back as they were getting late for their work since Ron and his family were late.

Though, unwilling, Lily and James went back, hugging them tight enough to crush bones as per Harry. Lily eyes we're damp as they left.

Harry knew his mother would cry in the car for sometime before going to work, she didn't want them see her cry but he was also relieved that his dad was there to comfort her.

The two waited by the entrance of the station and at quarter to eleven, the Weasleys finally came rushing in. Crystal waved her hand in the air and got their attention.

"What kept you guys?" Harry said to Ron, "We just have a few minutes left,"

"Don't ask," Ron said panting, "We had to take many trips back home,"

"Let's talk later in the train, guys." said Crystal, pushing the trolley.

“Right, Percy first,” said Mrs. Weasley, looking nervously at the clock overhead, which showed they had only five minutes to disappear casually through the barrier.

Percy strode briskly forward and vanished. Mr. Weasley went next; Fred and George followed.

“I’ll take Ginny and you kids come right after us,” Mrs. Weasley told Harry, Crystal and Ron, grabbing Ginny’s hand and setting off. In the blink of an eye they were gone.

“Let’s go together, we’ve only got a minute,” Ron said to Harry. "Crysie, just run along right behind us!"

"Alright," said Crystal as they hurried.

Both the boys bent low over the handles of their trolleys and walked purposefully toward the barrier, gathering speed. A few feet away from it, they broke into a run and —

CRASH!

Both trolleys hit the barrier and bounced backward; Ron’s trunk fell off with a loud thump, Harry was knocked off his feet.

Crystal barely controlled herself from colliding into as mustered all her strength to stop the trolley, pulling against the motion.

People all around them stared and a guard nearby yelled, “What in blazes d’you think you’re doing?”

“What in blazes d’you think you’re doing?” Crystal repeated to the boys, perplexed.

“Lost control of the trolley,” Harry gasped, clutching his ribs as he got up. Ron ran to pick up Hedwig, who was causing a scene.

“Crys — We can't get through . . .” Harry said urgently to Crystal.

"You can't you get through?" She asked Harry and Ron as though they were talking crazy.

“I dunno —” said Ron.

"Let me check — "

Ron looked wildly around. A dozen curious people were still watching them. He grabbed Crystal's arm to stop her and gestured the surrounding with his eyes.