Chapter 15. Simple Twist of Fate

Start bij het begin

"Come on, Scarlett, you know you want it." His deep grating voice echoed in my ears. He didn't even have the decency to whisper, knowing full well what I had been going through, how sensitive my ears still were.

"I'm the one you really want to be with forever," he threatened. "We both knew that all evening. Now that Emrys has done all the preliminary work, I'll just claim you for my own; though it is a shame I missed out on your tastiness. I'm sure you would have been delicious too." He moved his head between my breasts and started licking and nibbling at me.

Tears burned my eyes. He eased the pressure of his hand over my mouth a bit, and promised, "If you scream, I will give you even more pain than you can imagine." His tone told me he meant it. He let my face go and I let out a sorry whimper. My throat was parched and my whole body hurt. I needed more blood, but he didn't care about that; in his delusion, his one goal was self-serving.

Then he tried to kiss me. I turned my head from side to side trying to avoid his mouth. At first I thought about only Emrys, and how I wanted to keep fighting Rohan off, but it only seemed to egg him on more. I felt something else against my thigh then, and I was sure it would only be a few more moments until he took from me what he wanted most, the thing I had saved for Emrys all these years.

I thought about not struggling and pretending to enjoy myself, hoping to stall the inevitable, even going so far as to kiss him back. But all the while my mind raced with thoughts of Emrys and how he was supposed to be the one. And then I remembered Emrys' ability to hear my thoughts! If only I could hold Rohan at bay long enough, I'd have a chance. I relaxed, pretending to give up.

"You could at least try to be gentle, you know. My skin is on fire," I whispered. I lay there, keeping my arms flat at my sides, stifling another whimper.

"Just as I thought - you will be mine, pretty little Scarlett. You can't resist me, can you?" Rohan oozed in a triumphant snicker, as he tried to kiss me again.

Could he really be this dense? I turned my head to the side and his mouth went to my neck. I needed to concentrate on my thoughts now: Emrys! Emrys come quickly! I need you, now! I'm being attacked! Please help me, save me from Rohan!

I repeated this thought over and over while Rohan's hands kept groping and fumbling at me, his lips still searching. Overwhelmed with disgust, I didn't know how much longer this could go on; it already felt like an eternity. Again and again, I mentally shouted the same words, desperately calling out to Emrys.

The burning in my eyes was so intense, I had to keep them closed, but I heard my attacker clumsily undoing his zipper. My God, Emrys! Hurry! Rohan's exposed hot skin now pressed against my leg. Emrys! I stiffened up again, trying to avoid his attempt to push my legs farther apart. He rose up a moment and said, "Come on, relax, Scarlett. It will only hurt for a minute. Trust me."

It was only seconds before it would be too late, and I'd lose myself to Rohan. Just then, I heard the key turning in the locked door. I pushed frantically, holding him away from my cringing body, willing my legs to close, and opened my eyes. It was then that I realized he hadn't heard the door opening, or Emrys' footsteps; he still hadn't stopped trying. He looked at me, puzzled that I now pushed at him with all my strength, instead of lying there like a dead fish.

"What? Come on, Scarlett. Quit teasing me now. You know..."

Before he had a chance to finish his sentence, Emrys yanked him by his hair, pulling him straight up off of the bed. It had happened so fast and with such force that the very air around his body sucked up like a noisy vacuum, almost pulling me along with him. Emrys flung Rohan as if he were a rag doll. He hit the floor hard with a bone-crushing thud, and slid across the room. He had barely enough time to pull up his pants before Emrys stomped over to him. The look of shock and astonishment on his face only compelled Emrys to move even faster. My eyes were burning, and I closed them momentarily as I pulled the covers over my exposed, and now, chilled body.