Christmas Pudding

Sniffing the aroma of freshly baked pudding, Harry slowly came closer to the kitchens. It was dinner time and Harry should already be at the Great Hall eating with Hermione and Ron, but the smell was too irresistible for Harry to pass it. As he got closer, he could see a tall figure with chestnut-brown hair. He crouched low and started to sneak up behind the mysterious person. He was tall, and he looked young — somewhere around seventeen. He was clearly a student because Harry had never seen him before. He continued to crawl until he reached a table and hid under it. Harry leaned and tried to figure out who it was, but the student's back was facing him and he couldn't see his face. He crawled out of the table and hid behind a barrel. He was closer to the student and he could hear him singing under his breath. It sounded like some sort of Christmas carol.

The aroma was beginning to get stronger and sweeter, and Harry just couldn't seem to stop himself from moving even closer. He was hiding under another table and he was even closer to the student. It was all going well until Harry had stepped on a puddle of syrup and slipped, falling on the ground. Harry waited for his face to collide with the floor, but it didn't come. Instead, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Harry opened his eyes and looked up, seeing a familiar, tall, god-simping Hufflepuff in front of him. His face reddened and he pulled away nervously.

"Yeah, er, I'm fine," Harry replied. "Uh, thanks Diggory."

Cedric Diggory was a sixth-year Hufflepuff and the real Hogwarts champion. Harry cussed in his head. Why couldn't he recognize him? His friends and fans shunned him for being in a tournament he didn't even sign up for. Suddenly, his face contorted to rage. He asked out Cho. It was wrong to feel so much anger — hell, Cedric might not have been aware of his crush — but he has the right to feel envy. Why was he stalking him in the first place? If only it was someone else making that pudding, but it had to be him.

Harry stepped back. "Um, I should get going..."

"Wait," Cedric said, grabbing his wrist and pulling him back. "Would you like some pudding?"

After a bit of hesitation, Harry nodded.

"I suppose I'm feeling a bit peckish."

〰️〰️〰️

Wrote this late at night. It's short, but I hope you like it. I'm also working on some longer hedric shorts :P

— Author