2

Now that I get you
I know fear is what it really was......
Now here we are
So close, yet so far
How did I pass the test?
When will you realize?
Baby I'm not like the rest....

"Jiwonie?" Rei called her bestfriend who was lying beside her.

"Yes, Rei-yah?" Her bestfriend replied, tightening the hold on their interwined hands. She liked having the feeling of Rei's hand on hers. It made her feel safe and secured.

"Have you ever fall in love before?"

The sudden question made her turn her head instantly towards her bestfriend, eyes widening. There suddenly was a feeling of fear and excitement in her heart.

Why are you asking me that? Are you falling for someone already?

Fear because maybe Rei is in love with someone right now and that someone might take her bestfriend away from her. Excitement, without her knowing why. It's just that her heart soars and has a bit of anticipation. Whichever that was, she was not ready to know.

"Where is this coming from, Kim Rei?" Jiwon questioned, not taking off her gaze from the Japanese.

"Nothing. I was just asking. I mean, I know you already experienced having so many admirers before and until now. Has anyone caught your attention yet?" Rei asked, not taking off her gaze from the ceiling. Maybe she was also scared to meet the soul-piercing stare of her bestfriend. If she did stare back, she'll be roasted.

After a full fifteen seconds of just staring curiously at her bestfriend, Jiwon turned to look back at the ceiling again. She sighed and did think about it.

Rei had a point. She had so many admirers, both guys and girls but no one caught her attention yet. Some of them probably just wanted to get on and play with her, but some were also more than serious with their intention. So why didn't she fell for the latter? One word. Scared.

Jiwon knew better, or not. She was always letting herself overthink of things that may possibly be the outcome of her decision. And those said things contain of negative things.

"I don't know. I just think they are all playing with me and aren't serious. Or even if they are, I don't want to hurt their feelings because I can't reciprocate it," she answered. This earned a hum from her bestfriend, followed by silence.

"What if you try giving them a chance to prove themselves? Maybe they're not as bad as you think," Rei once again spoke.

This made Jiwon lay on her stomach and stare at her bestfriend. She was confused as to why Rei suddenly wanted her to try being on a relationship with other people.

"Rei, what really are you trying to imply? Are you giving me away that easily?" There was a slight hurt, disappointment and confusion in her voice. Or maybe it was not just slight, but a full mixture of the three. Rei was taken aback and put a hand on her bestfriend's head.

"Hey, hey. No! Of course not. Why would I do that?? I would never give you away that easily. They'd have to fight me for your heart...." Rei said as her expression changed to a serious and ready-to-fight expression, which made Jiwon laugh.

You'll always be cute, even if you try to be serious or angry or whatever you're feeling.

Only Rei can make her laugh like that a lot. Though there are times that Yujin, Gaeul and Hyunseo do silly things that make her laugh, they don't compare to what Rei can do with just being herself.

"I thought you are already giving me away. I... I just can seem to trust other people. I don't know really. But one thing I'm really sure of, I only trust you. Just you," Jiwon said, once again staring on her bestfriend's round doe eyes that makes her explore the vast universe.

Maybe that was the main reason. She only trusts and believes one person and that is her bestfriend. She was the only one who stayed with her even if she was awkward most of the time. She was the only one who stood by her when things got rough for her. Even without her uttering a word, Rei knows if she's feeling down and she'll know what to do by then. Rei would accompany her anywhere and anytime without complaints. Her greatest companion with everything was Rei. No one else.

Seeing the slight redness of Rei's cheek, she proceeds to lay back down in her back as she was now turning into a tomato again.

Why is it impossible not to stare at you, Rei? With other people, I can't maintain even a full five-second eye contact. But with you, I could stare at your curious little doe eyes even for a long time.

"Rei-yah?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you ask me that question?" she was nervous of the outcome on her next question. She was contemplating but did ask anyway. "Are you perhaps, in love with someone?"

There was once again a long silence after that question. Jiwon was nervous. Her mind was already loaded with a lot of possibilities but she chose to erase every single one of it.

Rei is a lovable, likeable and an adorable person. Anyone will definitely fall for her even with just a simple conversation with them. It's most likely impossible to not fall for her charms.

But the next thing that Rei said made her freeze.

"I.... I think I am."