"Did you suck the b—ner off yet?" Finney physically winced at that comment. The whole 'assuming gays are only about sex' thing was bad, sure, but it caused Finney extra pain hearing what they called his boyfriend. He felt himself choking up as the three boys resumed their laughing, knowing he'd probably start crying if they said anything else. Thankfully, they didn't have time.

"Hey!" a familiar girl called. Through teary eyes, Finney spotted Robin walking towards the spot he occupied, Gwen following close behind, carrying both their trays. The trio immediately halted their laughter and broke their intimidating stance, backing up from Finney.

"The fuck do you three think you're doing?" Gwen asked, obviously not desiring an answer. Buzz's friend rolled his eyes. "Don't get your panties in a knot, girly. We're just messing around." The young girl glared at him. If she wasn't holding food, she probably would've lunged at the three of them and taken them out herself.

"You're the new kid, right?" Robin pointed at the boy Gwen was now prepared to murder. "You're friends with that cobarde polla."

The boy shrugged. "I don't know. I don't speak sp-c." The other two barely tried to hold in their laughter, giving their leader an annoyingly confident smirk. Robin and Gwen looked at each other, telepathically planning their next move, and Robin stepped towards the trio, his hands casually in his pockets.

They, once again, stopped laughing and flattened their expressions as Robin approached them. His eyes traveled between them all, before they locked onto the main boy. "If you guys keep fucking with Finn," he began, "I'll come after you, and I'll come after Buzz. And if he finds out that you're the reason I beat him and his friends' asses again, he'll kill you if I didn't already. So keep your distance. It's for your own good."

Buzz's friend didn't say anything, obviously, he knew Robin was right. But that only fueled his anger. Lacking the confidence to do anything else, he could only scoff and slip a quick "Fuck you," Robin's way, before walking off, careful not to touch Robin or Gwen, his two minions doing the same. The duo watched them walk into the school building. Once they had departed, their gaze descended onto the crowd watching everything go down.

"The hell are you dipshits looking at?!" Gwen yelled, impressively making everyone return to their meals and conversations. Robin had really rubbed off on Gwen, and it made them Finney's saviors, for better or for worse.

The two of them sat down to join Finney, Robin placing himself down next to his boyfriend, and Gwen sitting across from the boys. She passed Robin his tray, however, it wouldn't have mattered if she did or didn't, as all three of them had lost their appetite.

They sat in silence for a good minute or so, staring down at their food, before finally beginning conversation. "Are you okay?" Robin asked the boy next to him. Finney was far too exhausted to answer a question like that, so he just sighed. "I mean, they didn't hurt you, did they?"

"They're smarter than that," Finney said.
Gwen scoffed, "Are they?" She turned to Robin, "You know, I say we take 'em just to let them know who's in charge."
"No, don't." Finney pointed at his sister, "Especially you. Don't even think about it."
Gwen groaned in annoyance, but Robin nodded, taking Finney's side.

"He's right, Gwen," he said. "If we just go around beating people up unprovoked, then we aren't any better than Buzz, or Matt, or Matty, or Moose or any of those hijos de putas."
Gwen tilted her head at Robin, looking like she took personal offense to that statement. "Unprovoked?" She turned to Finney. "How many times did they call you a f—" she paused, took a deep breath, then corrected herself, "How many times did they call you a slur?"

Robin and Finney locked eyes. Deep down, Robin agreed with Gwen. He wanted to take them out, and felt like it was justified, but Finney had made it really clear to him that he only wanted them to go after people if they hurt him. He'd gotten really tired of the other kids being afraid to talk to him, and he'd kind of gotten the reputation of being snitch because Robin would try to fight anyone who even stepped wrong around him. Robin understood how it made him feel, even if it took a while to learn, and had now become a lot more passive as a result.

"That's not important," Robin said, finally taking his eyes off his boyfriend.
Gwen groaned again, rolling her eyes. "Whatever," she said, "I can take them myself."
Finney spoke up, "No, you absolutely cannot. Stop talking like that or I'll hide all your arcade money."
The two siblings competitively stared at one another, as if the person who can hold their frame the longest would be the winner of the argument. Eventually, Gwen conceded with a sigh. "Okay, fine, dad."

Robin smiled. He loved seeing how much Gwen and Finney cared about each other, even though it was expressed in weird ways, sometimes. Finney looked back at Robin, a jokingly annoyed expression painted over his face. "What?"
"You're a terrible influence on her." Finney said, smiling softly.

Robin shrugged, "She took a little from me, you're really going to blame me for her being smart?" Robin payed Gwen a fair compliment, which she thoroughly enjoyed, growing a large grin. Finney looked at the other boy, giving Robin the perfect opportunity to plant a kiss right on his boyfriend's forehead.

"Te quiero, Finn," he said.
Finney blushed. "I love you, too."
"Gross," Gwen commented.
"Shut up," her brother ordered, the three of them immediately breaking out in laughter. They switched the topic of conversation to something different while they ate, their hunger restored from the positive mood all of them now fostered.

- - - - -

Hey guys, it's me, the author from the top of the story you just read! I'm really sorry this chapter was so mean 😭 I had a lot of queer 80's angst that I just needed to get out of my system, but I'm good now, the next shot's going to be pure fluff, I hope you'll like it and also tysm for reading <3 🤗