The Second Coming of Gluttony

***Synopsis***

***Synopsis***

"The son of god Gula has returned."

I was lost in the world of gambling.
I turned my back on my family and even betrayed my lover.
I wasted every day of my life.
It was the life of trash.
The reality told me thus - that I would amount to nothing no matter what I did.
In order to change my pathetic life, I chose fantasy, instead.
Even then, it was the same story.
I wondered if salvation would come at the end of the long road.
But, I was forced to kneel down in defeat in front of a powerful entity.
The tower I built up with my own hands crumbled into nothingness.
Just for once, I dearly wished to know the truth about myself.

– Come closer, my child...

I will not hold back this time.

***

This description is going to be cut and pasted from the wiki:

Seol Jihu, also known as just Seol, is the main protagonist of The Second Coming of Gluttony.

At the start of the story, Seol is a gambling addict, deep in debt and scorned by his family and ex-girlfriend. However, due to an opportunity granted to him by his past life, he obtained a second chance to set things right.

He possesses the unique innate ability, Nine Eyes, which inadvertently caused his gambling addiction after its disappearance as a result of over-abusing the ability. However, experiencing a lucid dream about his past life, it once again reawakened, becoming a powerful ally on his long journey to redemption.

***

I'm going to go in order of my list of ones I've read. I believe I got to around chapter 72 of this novel before I had to drop this and focus on the manhwa. But before I go into that let me talk about the pros and cons.

***
PRO
***

First off the plot of this novel is really cool. It's enough to understand why ppl recommend this novel so much.

Also, if you're looking for a strong almost badass male mc who is also smart, you're in the right place. The first few chapters are kinda meh bc the mc is pathetic and a gambling addict but the good parts of the story kicks off when he's starting this "tutorial".

He abandons his weak mindset and uses his smarts and abilities to survive and get ahead of the other contestants. Honestly it was the tutorial arc that got me hooked on the story. I had come from season 1 of the manhwa bc it had ended and I was left wanting more of the story... which naturally left me to turn to the light novel.

I loved that you could see the characters more in depth and how you could really see inside the mc's head and how he thinks, way more than the manhwa.

Anyways, I was looking forward to the next arc in the new world after the tutorial so much that when I finally got to reading it... I was disappointed.

***
CON
***

First of all, I want to make it clear that I don't mind romance and female leads who the mc is interested in... however the amount of novels (Japanese, Chinese, Korean), animes, and manhwas that I've read/ watched with so much "fanservice" and with the mc's basically being reduced to perverts and these fl or side characters only seen as one dimensional objects to only be after the mc is disgusting to me.

Maybe it's because of my mindset as a woman but as soon as I saw how the mc was having these perverted thoughts about the Princess' boobs in the second arc, it was an immediate turn off for me. I immediately knew what the vibe was going to be for the rest of the novel. There were a few other mature elements which turned me off but it was that moment that pushed me over the edge.

I did try to read a little more but I decided that enough was enough and I would instead read the more tame manhwa and wait for it's updates instead.

***

In conclusion, it's up to you to decide if you think reading this novel is worth it. Honestly I believe you should read this novel because it really is an enjoyable read. You can always give up like I did. :)