Reunion BBQ

[a fun lil thing where everyone gets together for a barbeque]

At the Iwaizumi Residence

"Papa Papa!" Cherry Iwaizumi jumped up and down around her father's legs. "Yes dear?" Tooru Iwaizumi asked. "When is Moshi gonna get here?" Cherry asked, bouncing on her toes. "Everyone should be here soon." Tooru chuckled.

Meanwhile outside Hajime was setting up the grill with his son Hiroki running around excited. He was very excited to see Moshi and her twin siblings as well as meet some new people. "Hajime dear." Tooru called out as he and Cherry walked outside. "Hey Tooru." Hajime smiled as his husband wrapped his arms around him. "Hi Dad." Cherry waved up at Hajime. Hajime smiled and knelt down picking up his daughter kissing her forehead.

"Hey peanut." He smiled. The sound of knocking came from the fence door leading into the back yard, so Tooru went to open it. "Hey Mr Oh so famous volleyball star." Takahiro laughed. His husband Issei laughed with him as their kids briefly greeted Tooru before running to Cherry and Hiroki. Moshi ran to Cherry and picked her up spinning her around. Mitsuko and Masato hugged Hiroki laughing and smiling. Their parents chuckled as Tooru stepped aside to let them in. "I see your kids were just as excited as ours." Hajime laughed. "They actually ran into our room and jumped on our bed. That's how excited they were." Issei chuckled.

Tooru and Hajime laughed. The four stood by the grill talking and laughing while their kids ran around playing tag. "Hey hey hey!" A loud voice piped. Tooru smiled as he went to open the door. In front of him stood the Bokuto family, the Kuroo family, the Miya-Suna family, and the Miya-Sakusa family. "Hello hello guys." Tooru smiled. "Nice to see you again Tooru." Atsumu said, hugging his friend. "Hi uncle Tooru!" Atsuki, the oldest of the Miya-Sakusa children, waved. "Hi Atsu-chan." Tooru smiled. "Atsuki!" Mitsuko ran to her friend hugging her. "Hi Mitsuko!" Atsuki smiled.

"Hey hey hey Tooru!" Kotaro smiled. "Hi hi hi guys!" Mika, Kotaro and Keiji's oldest, smiled. "Like father like son." Keiji chuckled. "Equally loud." Kenma and his daughter Kamiko dead panned. Emi, the youngest Bokuto, looked between her fathers and everyone else. "Hey Tooru." Rintaro smiled lazily as Nyx, the only Miya-Suna daughter, poked her head out from behind Osamu's leg. "Oh people." She said before walking over to her twin cousins. Tooru let the families in as Kyosuke, the oldest of the Kuroo kids, ran over to Mika smiling. "No surprise those two became best friends." Tetsuro smiled. "It was bound to happen." Kenma mumbled.

Hajime walked over to Bokuto and handed him a can of coke. Bokuto happily took it as he long with most of his other volleyball teammates weren't huge on drinking when their kids were around. Tooru smiled as Atsuki and Mitsuko passed a ball back and forth. "So how've all of you been?" Hajime asked. "We've been great thanks." Kiyoomi smiled. Over the years he had gotten a bit more of a grip on his mysophobia to a point he didn't feel sick around everyone. Kiyoshi and Atsushi glanced at each other before Atsuki dragged them over to the other kids. "Damn it feels good to see you guys again." Tetsuro smiled taking a sip of coke. "I mean Cherry sees your husband everyday." Tooru chuckled. "She watches Kenma's streams and videos. She and Hiroki are huge fans of yours Kenma." Kenma smiled lightly as he leaned on his husband.

Since Tooru forgot to lock the door the next family opened the fence door letting themselves in. "Who is it?" Tooru asked. "It's us Tooru-san." Shigeru's voice piped. "Hi Tooru-Sensei." Yukiana waved. Tooru chuckled and walked over to the Kyotani family. "It's great to see you both again." He smiled. Kentaro smiled as his daughter ran over to the other kids. Tooru led them over to the adults who were chatting and drinking sodas. "Hey Kentaro and Shigeru." Takahiro smiled. "Hey Takahiro." Shigeru smiled.

"Wait aren't there more people coming?" Kentaro asked sitting next to Atsumu. "Yeah but they're running a bit late." Tooru answered. "They'll be here don't worry." Hajime assured.

-

Meanwhile the kids were playing with one of the many volleyballs the Iwaizumi's had. In the backyard was a volleyball net set up lower for the kids. "Kamiko to me!" Kyosuke called out. Kamiko got under the ball and set it up for her brother to hit. Kyosuke hit it with ease but Cherry received it. "Nice dig Cherry!" Moshi cheered. "Set it to me!" Mika yelled. Emi sighed and got under the ball. She set the ball to her brother who spiked it down on the other side. "Yeah! Hey hey hey!" Mika cheered. "You remember saying hey hey hey is papa's thing right?" Emi asked. "She does have a point." Isuma told him. "Meh but I wanna have a cool cheer like papa." Mika pouted, his hair flattening. "What about yeah yeah yeah?" A voice suggested. It was Mei Azumane with her siblings Yuki and Hirono. "Mei!" Nyx smiled. She ran and hugged the girl who giggled. "Hi Nyx." Mei smiled patting her head.

"You guys wanna play volleyball with us?" Mika asked while tossing the ball up. "I think I'll pass." Yuki told him. "I'll play." Mei smiled. "Me too." Hirono told them. "Yay yay yay!" Mika smiled.

-

After a few hours everyone was eating and talking. The adults had switched from sodas to beer already deciding who would be driving home. "The kids look like they're having fun." Michinari smiled. "Yeah Aiko and Ivyier were so excited to come today." Kenji smiled. "Same with Ayama. Tokawa was a bit nervous to come." Eita chuckled. "I'm glad you guys came either way." Tooru smiled. Everyone was eating and talking about high school memories and catching up. "I see Kamiko is just as anti social as you were Kenma." Suguru chuckled.

"Were? Bitch I still am." Kenma laughed. "He says being a world wide famous streamer." Koushi laughed. The others laughed with him. "In all honesty Kamiko has a bit of Kenma's separation anxiety." Tetsuro told them. "Oh? When did she start showing signs?" Yuji asked. "When I was at work and Kenma had to get on his stream Kamiko held onto his leg and would not budge." Tetsuro answered. "Thankfully it gotten better. But she's struggling to sleep without one of us with her." Kenma told him. "F for Tetsuro." Morisuke chuckled. "Ahem kindly suck it Morisuke." Tetsuro rolled his eyes. "Suck what?" Erika, the youngest of the Haiba's, asked. "Oh uhhh nothing sweetie." Lev smiled.

Erika looked at the adults before walking away to the other kids. "Holy shit that was close." Morisuke sighed. Before long everyone started laughing while Morisuke rolled his eyes. "Could have been worse. Your kid could've walked in on you watching fifty shades of grey." Rintaro piped. "No- did Nyx really-" Rintaro nodded as the others burst out laughing. "Oh man the poor kid." Akira laughed.

As the sky grew darker the families began saying their goodbyes and going home.

As Cherry and Moshi were saying bye to each other they hugged before Moshi waved bye to her friend.

She's so pretty!