Twelve

The wind blew my hair back as we all waiting at the station for the train to finally arrive for holiday break

The wind blew my hair back as we all waiting at the station for the train to finally arrive for holiday break. I was a mixture of giddy and sad, excited to see my parents but upset that I was going to be away from all my friends....and Draco, who I hadn't seen all day for some odd reason.

I tried to be inconspicuous as I darted my eyes around the bustling train station, clutching my luggage close to me. My bottom lip lightly jutted out when I didn't see the strikingly blonde boy around. I brushed my hair back out of my face and sighed, sad I might miss him and not get to say goodbye before we both parted for two weeks.

"Why are you pouting, Dovey," A familiar voice spoke behind me and if that wasn't clue enough, the nickname that only he called me gave him away.

I turn fast on my heel and beam up at him as he rested back on a wall between two pillars, hidden from sight. He was smiling at me, his eyes soft and gleaming. He looked warm, his dark green jumper seemed cozy and kept him protected from the harsh, cold wind.

"Draco!" I grin, dragging my things over to him. He hummed in greeting, reaching out for my hand to draw me closer. His body was warm, just like I expected, and I almost stop shivering. "I didn't think I was going to be able to say goodbye."

"You think I would let you leave for three weeks without saying goodbye?" He leans down and presses his lips against my forehead, my cheeks turning pink since I still wasn't used to this affection from him. "Silly girl."

We were hidden from the curious eyes of most students at the station but the few who walked by gave us double takes, minds reeling in the fact that Draco Malfoy was cuddled up with a Hufflepuff of all things.

"You gonna sit by me on the train?" He asks, absentmindedly tucking my hair behind my ear. I look up at him shocked.

"You want me to sit next to you?" I ask as his eyebrows furrow confused.

"Why would I not?" He asks as I find a piece of green thread on his sweater interesting.

"Well... people will see us." I whisper, looking up at him through my lashes as his face turns annoyed. He sighs heavily, his mouth in a grimace, and he looks like he had a lot on his mind in that moment.

"I don't give a shit what my fa— what people think. If I want to sit next to my girl, I will." He pulls me in tighter as the Hogwarts Express chugs into the station, the cold winds whipping through the halls from the speed of its arrival.

"Your girl?" I say in a teasing tone.

Now, his cheeks were turning pink.

"Well... I was hoping you would be," he digs into his pocket and puts out a small, dainty, yet gorgeous necklace. It was an emerald with a snake gently wrapped around it, the chain made of gold. It sparkled in the lighting and my mouth dropped at the sight of it. "It's a heirloom of my family's."