That was not Love!

Karishma was holding Haseena in her embrace, resting her back on the bed. She was slowly stroking her hair. Haseena had kept her face on KS chest. There was a perfect silence in the atmosphere. Silence of peace and solace. It had been a year, they were in a relationship. Spending each moments with happiness and love. Karishma used to share all her memories, but Haseena was a little introvert type. But Karishma loved her the way she is.

“Aapko pata hain Karishma, every relationship  has their first and last….” Haseena said being lost in her memory lane. Karishma looked at her and smiled. It was the first time, that Haseena was opening up a little. Karishma placed a soft kiss on her side head, allowing her to continue.

“Mainak aur hum, ....hum dono ek birthday party mein mile thain…” HM continued “ The first time he held my hand and pulled me closer, while driving his activa. Our first kiss. Our little little beautiful moments, we spend together…”
Karishma looked at Haseena with a small smile.

“ Kab who pal phele se, dusri aur tisri banke adhuri rehe jaate hain , pata bhi nahi chalta hain….woh bhi chala gaya, to start a new life. And I….I was still calling the innocent childhood relationship of ours as love….After five years, I received a message from him.” A warm smile appeared on HM face.

“Hume lag aaj unse milkar humari adhuri kahaani puri hojaiyegi,  finally we met. He was smiling looking at me. Hum toh satwe asmaan par thain. We talked, we cherished our old memories  we laughed our hearts out, we cracked some jokes.…aapko pata hain Karishma, who humare liye humara favourite chocolate bhi laaye thain…”  Karishma nodded slightly in agreement.

“He held my hand tightly, as if he wanted to hold it little longer. He placed his fingers on my neck, and pulled me for a kiss. I felt like I came closer to my childhood and also to myself……par..” her expression changed.

“Par iss bar kuch different tha…he didn’t  stop kissing me. His hand slid down to my waist. With lighting speed, he brought  me down to the bed. I was not feeling good, kyuki itni baatein who itno saalo mein mere hotose nahi kiya, jitna aaj woh mere jism se kar raha tha….His lips wanted something from me, but not me…”

Karishma interlocked her fingers with Haseena, and pressed a little. Haseena looked at Karishma and continued…

“ Ussne mere jism ko ek kitaab samajh liya tha, jaha who aapne bikhre raaz likh raha tha……..the entire time, I was starring at the ceiling. I was  quiet, I was still finding my love in him. But time had changed everything,  five years changed him a lot…at that moment , he killed our childhood….he dropped me home, after what we call love making session.. I was stuck in the dilemma of what is called love and what is not?.....Hume isske baad ussko bohot bar call or message kiya…par he didn’t  reply. Hume time laga…par hum samjh gayee yeah pyaar toh nahi tha…it was just infatuation and attraction that binded our bodies together not our soul….sayad usse bhi yeah pata tha…isliye he never contacted me after that….toh maine socha…chalo na koi baat nahi…humare iss story ko esi chor dete hain…..”

There was a perfect silence in the atmosphere. Karishma was just starring at Haseena. After sometime, Haseena said in a slight broken voice

“I learnt one thing on that day….kabhi kabhi hum itne  shiddat se koi kahaani khatam karna chahate hain ki hum bhul jaate hain ki who kahaani toh phelei khatam ho chuki thi…”

Karishma cubbed HM face and placed a long soothing forehead kiss. She looked straight into her eyes and said in a calm tone

“Yeah pyaar thori tha…it was just modern day love making. Yeah pyaar ho hi nahi sakta hain….Pyaar…Haseena…Pyaar rooh se ki jaati hain, jism se nahi. Pyaar ek woh khoobsurat ehesaas hain…that makes two souls  bloom into one another. That was not love…that never can be love. Pyaar dard nahi deta Haseena,  it makes your soul happy from inside…Aaj kal log sirf one night stand me believe karte hain, it’s  not love…it’s  just attraction bass…aur kuch nahi…Pyaar ka matlab toh log bhul hi chuke hain…sab ko modern love chahiye..it’s  not love, it’s  love making….there’s  a  huge difference…par, Haseena ” her voice soften

“I am a old school lover….and this lover truly loves you, and I mean it …I will always stand by you…always…hum aapko bohot shiddat ke sath chahate Haseena…aap bohot khaas hain humare liye…bohot khaas…trust me, Haseena hum kabhi bhi aapko chor ke nahi jayeinge...hum saccha wala pyaar karte hain aapse.....aap janti hain na iss baat ko?" KS eyes got teary a little.

“I know, Karishma....

Pyaar ke panno se bhari kitab hain aap,

Rishton ke phulo me gulab hain aap,

Hum sochte thain ki iss jamane mein pyaar sacha nahi hota,

Par humare har ek sawaal ka jawab ho aap….I trust you…"

Haseena wiped KS unshed tears and placed her lips on KS. It was  slow and smooth.

They broke the kiss and hugged one another. Karishma was just starring at Haseena with a warm smile… “thank you”

Haseena raised her eyebrow asking why.
“For trusting our relationship and telling me about your past…”

Haseena smiled wholeheartedly.  They once again cuddled each other and slept. 
Haseena mumbled...

“I love you..”

“I love you too…”

The End

Hope you all liked my first short story. Do comment your views and constructive  feedbacks are always welcomed...

U can also suggest some topics for my upcoming short stories💫....