𝟬𝟬. how it all started

The commission was cruel and cold, feeling your life being sucked out of it as you try to your hardest to not be in anyones way, wearing an outfit that was appropriate for 1955.

Wearing a blazer as her heels click to the ground; smiling as one of the members of the commission, guided Josie to her mothers office, wishing it was an easy task today as she felt drained from killing four men that took almost twenty minutes. It would've gone faster if she hasn't heard the thoughts that came from each other them, making her feel guilty for killing them.

"You look cute today." The handler gushed go her 30 year old daughter, standing as people were hemming her dress. "Thank you mother." Josie said, sitting on a chair and letting Herb go away.

Eating some of the fruit on her mothers desk, Josie wondered where Lila could be, not thinking much of it as she saw her mother come towards Josie to kiss her on the head. "How is my invisible darling?" The handler asks, sitting down in her chair. Josie mumbles an okay, fixing her hair to get it out of her face.

"Well I'm glad, I have another assignment for you." She smiles, lighting her cigarette. Josie's smile turns to a frown, hoping she would get an day off like Lila, but that wasn't the case at all.

"Where to?" Josie asked, grabbing her note pad from her bag and a pen, since her mother just directly tells her the missions; Josie made a routine for herself everytime.

"1963, you'll be helping number five with his case, I'm worried he's trying to get out of his contact." The handler said, putting her feet up on the table. The handler slid all the information Josie was going to need, especially where she had to meet number five.

Ah, yes, number five, he was quite a fan favourite at the commission, the best assassin, taking out anyone who messed with the timeline, never getting caught.

Josie admired five in a way, almost a role model in a demented way. He was flawless at his work, her mother taught him so well that you would think he could do this to anyone. They've only worked twice together, both equally hating the fact they are paired up, loving to do their work alone and not with a partner.

Writing everything on her notepad, Josie stood up and nodded towards her mother, realizing she'll have to change her clothes to something a little more era appropriate, probably going to wear a skirt and a t-shirt, since it's quiet hot in Dallas Texas.

Going to grab a briefcase, Josie saw herself out the door and walked to the busiest part of the commission, smiling at Rodney. "How are you today Josie?" He asked with a smile on his face, seeing the briefcase she'll need.

"Never better." Josie sighed, trying to fake a smile, receiving the briefcase. "Have a good one." She said, leaving the room and opening the briefcase, blinking and arriving on a sidewalk, looking around to find a store that would help her.

Walking with a briefcase didn't seem to bother people, making her way and seeing the perfect place to shop in, looking around and buying a couples of clothes, grabbing some more comfortable shoes that she would be able to walk in.

Josie felt out of place when walking around town, seeing a clothing store that could help look like she belonged. The door chimed as Josie scanned the room to find something that will benefit her clothing choices.

Looking at the time, it was only one in the afternoon, having more than enough time to meet the infamous five hargreeves at a pub her mother included on the notepad when she was looking.

"Find everything alright?" The lady asked in a thick accent. "Yes ma'am." Josie smiled, faking an accent to match the lady, shocking her a little. Paying the woman and heading her way, Josie found the pub she had to meet five at, first changing in the bathrooms and leaving the extra clothes in the stall, walking up to the bathroom mirror and looking at the way she looked in those clothes.