13.

last day of sophomore year, next year they'll be juniors, then they'll be sinors, then they'll be graduating, then what happens?

those are the thoughts going on in mike wheelers head.

what will happen between a brown haired cutie with green eyes you could get lost in forever and the one with pale skin with freckles perfectly placed on their nose and cheeks.

mike had come a long way, finally getting to a state of mind that nothing will happen. between them and will.

but what if something did happen?

they still have that doubt that they discuss with their therapist, nancy, and will.

cause what if after high school, will finds someone better?

the over thinking had driven mike into a panic.

heavy breathing could be heard in his room.

will deserves better than me.

i'm not good enough for them.

such a shitty partner.

a worse friend.

such a shitty friend.

"i hate this!" mike kicked their wall with such force it should have broken their foot.

luckily, nancy wasn't home. she was with steve, robin, holly, and jonathan. he hadn't heard where they were going. he was alone, alone with thoughts.

mike really never liked being alone, so they called will and had them come over.

"you good?" mike asked after a moment of silence.

they were currently in the room of mike wheeler. it had some posters and some of wills drawings that he took down from the basement of his parents house. he had a dresser. and on top of it was some text books that he needs to take back, and a binder filled with wills drawings.

"yeah, i'm always good when i'm with you," will said. "are you okay?"

"of course, why wouldn't i be?" mike replied.

"mike," will said. "you mean so much to me."

"i love you," mike said without thinking. realising what they said, their eyes go huge and start to visibly panic.

"no, no i'm so sorry, it just slipped out and-"

"mike, it's okay. i love you too." will said to calm mike down, but that made it worse.

"but what would happen if you quit loving me and you find someone else, or-"

"mike!"

"yeah?"

"i'm going to kiss you, okay?"

mike nods. both of them leaning in.

the kiss was passionate, full of the love that mike is finally letting themself feel.

they both pull away at the same time, their faces a deep crimson.

"i love you will byers."

"i love you too, mike wheeler."

the end (unless you want me to keep going)