-Chapter One-

The Conjuring Two
Part Two—Chapter One

After everything we've seen, there isn't much that rattles any of us anymore. But this one... this one still haunts me. Two months prior to our involvement, the Lutz family had fled their home in the middle of the night, claiming that the house was haunted. The Church had reached out to us for help. They wanted to see if we could confirm the activity that had been reported by the Lutzes.

<><><><>

Amityville, New York
1976

THE WARRENS, DALTON, AND THE LUTZES sat around the table in the front room. Dalton looked around, fiddling with his hands that sat folded neatly in front of him. A scar still rested just under his eye, something he had taken from the house back in Rhode Island.

Ed spoke up to break the silence, "Okay. We ready? Then let's get started."

Dalton nodded at Drew, who reciprocated it before closing the curtains.

"I'd like you to sit quietly and close your eyes." Lorraine said and everyone followed her commands. "Envision yourself in a halo of glowing white light. It will protect you."

Lorraine closed her eyes and when she opened them again she was no longer in the room. Her surroundings looked like a replica of the house, but it was darker and completely silent. Everyone sat in their spots...except for one. Dalton was no longer beside Lorraine, the chair was empty.

She looked around the house, slightly panicked as Dalton seemed to have vanished. Little did she know, he was using his gift as well. Only he was seeing something a little different.

When Dalton closed his eyes, he was suddenly in the little boys' room. Mark and John DeFeo slept peacefully, oblivious to his spiritual presence. Dalton turned around to leave the room, but the boys appeared in front of him.

"It's coming." One of them whispered. Dalton's eyes widened when the boy reached out in one swift motion, grabbing his arm.

And like the flip of a switch, Dalton was no longer himself. He felt like a little boy again as he laid peacefully in a bed, specifically a bed in Mark and John DeFeo's room. It was as if he was in one of their bodies, experiencing the horror that occurred on November 13, 1974.

Dalton was sweating profusely and breathing heavily when the bedroom door slowly creaked open. Ronnie held a shotgun up and looked at the room sinisterly. The gun didn't scare Dalton as much as the dark mass he saw behind Ronnie. You could only see its eyes, which were snake-like and yellow.

The bang of a gunshot went off, piercing and loud. Dalton looked around to see the barrel of Ronnie's gun pointing straight at him. His chest felt warm and damp. Looking down, Dalton noticed the matted blood that stained his top.

And down the rabbit whole he went, hearing nothing but screams and cries of terror. He was no longer in the dark shadow of the house, he came back to the present and his eyes shot open.

"Dalton? Dalton?" Drew called out, shaking his friend gently. Daltons stared straight ahead, sitting completely still. Ed and Lorraine recovered from the previous fright of Lorraine screaming as she came back from her vision. They both looked over with worry at their close friend.