Chapter 2-A Feared Fight

We arrived at Hexside and there was a roar of excitement in the atmosphere. This years Grom had a formal theme so a lot of the students were trying their best at waltz and trying not to step on each other's toes. As a musician in the bard coven, I had to know at least three formal dances in preparation for Grom. I knew the waltz, the Charlestown and, the Foxtrot. Luckily Anaya knew them too because I don't think my feet would have lasted long remembering our first few tries. I shuddered at the thought. Soon after a couple of songs and enough Appleblood to pump me up I grabbed my mando-guitar, a guitar hybrid a mandolin and guitar, as Bump started riling us up for the true beginning of Grom.

"Hey Cass, before you go!" Anaya called me over and took two pink sashes out of her hair and we wrapped it around my wrist. "Promise me you will stay safe and beat Grometheus for me, PROMISE ME ZUPERS." 

She looked worried. My magic had been acting up the last few days, and she knew about it. I looked her in the eyes.

"Anything for you, my flower"

I headed down to Grom. I started fidgeting the guitar as I became nervous of what was coming.

The black substance started forming as I began to anticipate what spell to use. An oracle whisp came screeching towards me. I sliced it in half with a sound wave. Another three appeared and I started plucking the strings of my guitar into a beat. I had heard this human song once before on an old vinyl disc the Owl Lady had sold 1 me. I nodded my head to the beat as I changed my guitar into a rock guitar. Dnnn, dnnn, dnnn.

 "Oooh let's go

Steve walks warily down the street
With his brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet

Machine guns ready to go" 

I sliced two wisps in half and turned around to the last one.

 "Are you ready hey are you ready for this?Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?." A group of fire bees appeared and I suddenly remember when I was seven years old and I was out with two of my friends for a picnic. The firebees had came and put fire to everything. I would still have frightful burn marks all over my face if it wasn't for my Aunt being an excellent healer. I growled at the bees and hit them with a huge wave of music. 

"Out of the doorway the bullets rip. To the sound of the beat yeah!"

Out of nowhere Grom put one of his suckers on my forehead.I dropped to my knees, my instruments falling to the ground. Anaya saw this and jumped into the pit using her vines to brace her as she hit the ground. She pulled me from Grom's grasp with her vines and laid me down gently in the corner Grom attached itself to Anaya and her body went limp and her eyes opened they were completely white. I started regaining conscious as Grom formed. A person appeared soon it started taking shape. It... it looked like me. I choked unable to do anything but watch in horror as 'I' grabbed 'my' sash and ripped it up. Then just as it was about to make its next move I started strumming my guitar. Reality shifted as my hands shook put I kept playing. There was no tune whatsoever but my magic got the message. Anaya was lifted back up to the dance floor and everything was covered in a dark blue light. Gravity went zero and everything began to float. I walked over to Grom my hands still shaky in fear as it began to  turn into Anaya but that couldn't fool me. I started to play that guitar solo from the human song Beat it. I was back in control, my hands slowly stopped shaking. Grom was being sent back to its deep dark shady hide away. I suddenly had just took my hand off the guitar. And I forgot I was at least 8 metres off the ground. I shrieked as the sudden realisation came to me. Luckily Anaya plant grabbed me over to her. As we both helped each other stand up, tiaras appeared on our heads. We did it, we defeated Grom. Soon after everyone went back to partying the night away. Anaya and I went up to the bell tower and we both took a couple of minutes to break down in eachothers arms. I promised would never hurt Anaya again. I think we both can agree that this was the worst night of our lives.