chapter 2 ~ just you wait

sorry for the wait! i went on vacation to germany so i wasnt able to write and then when i got back i lost motivation. but here's chapter 2! 

once again, thank you to my wonderful friend alexi for beta reading this chapter!

~~

"I'm sorry for being late!" You apologised to your boss as you stepped into the small cafe you worked at. "I got caught up with homework."

Ms. Jean smiled, "it's alright, Y/N just make sure it doesn't happen again alright?"

You nodded before hurrying off into the locker room to change into your uniform. You tied your hair back and tightened the apron around your waist before walking out to start on work.

"Hey Noelle!" you greeted your coworker as you went behind the ordering area. The silver-haired girl glanced up as she was cleaning the table to wave at you with a smile before promptly returning back to work. She sure was dedicated.

You joined your coworker behind the counter and quickly got to work making drinks for customers.

"Welcome, what would you like to order?" you said before realising who the customer is. "Lumine?"

"Y/N! You work here?" Lumine gasped.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you?"

"I knew you worked at a cafe but I guess the name of it slipped my mind," Lumine giggled. "Gotta say, you look really good in the uniform."

"Oh thanks, uh- what do you wanna order?" you ask.

"Hm, just a latte is fine, thanks." You nodded, grabbing a cup and making her drink.

"How's your new place? Any annoying neighbours?" your blonde friend asked as she watched curiously as you made her drink.

"It's pretty nice, quite small but it's cosy," you tell her. "I've only met one of the neighbours, he's... pretty alright?"

"That sounds like a question," the blonde girl mused, placing her hands on the counter and leaning slightly forward.

You sigh, "weird first impression of him, but he seems pretty nice, I suppose."

Lumine hummed in response, "how's Diluc? Everything going well?"

You lit up at the mention of your boyfriend, a happy grin forming on your face, "we're doing good! He really helped me with moving."

"Awe, look at you having a love life," Lumine teased.

You laughed before setting her drink down on the surface separating you two.

"What about you?" you asked.

Lumine shook her head, "nah, and I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon."

"Well, it was nice talking," she said as she paid for the drink. "We should definitely catch up sometime."

"Yeah we should," you agreed, nodding along to her words.

"Well then, 'till next time!" Lumine waved as she grabbed her drink and left. "Bye bye!"

You waved back before turning to the next customer to take their order.

~~~~

You sighed tiredly as you stepped into your apartment, as empty as ever. Sometimes, you missed living with other people since it felt comforting to know that there was someone waiting for you to get home.

You walked into your room, dropping your bag onto the floor. You finished up showering and before getting ready to go to Childe's apartment you decided to call up your boyfriend to chat for a bit.