16 ✦ 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠' 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I can't ever think of hurting my lovely wife!"

"Awww, love... "

"My sweetheart-- "

"Ugh, you guys! Then you can't hurt my Crys too!"

"Your Crys? Since when?"

"My Crystal! Since we're team!"

Crystal was sitting in James arms with a bored expression on her face.

"Alright! Let's end this game! Lily darling, destroy their castle, right now!"

"Mum! You wouldn't do that to us, right?" said Harry with a puppy face. "I know you're the best!"

"Don't listen to him, Lily-flower, your son is being unfair -- "

"I'm your product too!" said Harry and turned to his with innocent smile, "You wouldn't do that, right, mum?"

Pressured in dilemma, Lily looked between her husband and son then at Crystal, who just shrugged her shoulders.

"You know what?" Lily paused and destroyed both of the pillow castles, "No one won! Everything's destroyed!"

"What the f-- "

"Mum-- !"

Lily and Crystal looked at each and burst out laughing leaving the two baffled. James put Crystal down. He and Harry joined in the laugh too at the unexpected draw.

They fell back on the bed very tired but there was only wide grins on their faces.

"All that fight for nothing!" said Harry, grumbled.

"But it was soooo fun!" said Crystal turning on her stomach and propping on her elbows.

"Playing with kids is hard... " said James panting.

"Especially at your age, right, dad?" said Harry, as he shook his head in pity.

"Right -- Hey! What d'you mean at my age! I'm still young -- "

"and delusional -- "

"Hah! You're laughing at me now! I'll see if you're able to play with your kids when you're my age one day!" said James, extending his fist towards Harry, "Then I'll come and laugh at you, pointing my walking stick at your face! Make a bet!"

"Hey! No betting!" said Lily.

"You'd be most welcome to see me play with my kids," said Harry bumping his fist, "Be ready with a hundred Galleons by then!"

"Do you even have hundred Galleons?"

"I'll earn it by then!"

"I told you both no betting!" Lily repeated and sighed, "Merlin, they aren't even listening... "

Crystal wrapped her arms around her neck as she hugged her from behind and put her chin on her shoulder, Lily leaned her head with Crystal's as they watched the father-son duo playful banter.

"Deal, son! Get a girlfriend first, I doubt you will find one at all!"

"With my looks? I will get one even before you did, dad! Deal!"

Crystal and Lily shook their heads at the childish bet.

✰✰✰✰✰✰

One sunny morning, about three days after she had arrived at the Potter's House, Crystal heard from Hogwarts.

"Letters from school, my dears," said Lily, passing Harry and Crystal identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink.