The walking forest

A/n if you haven't seen the update on the previous chapter basically my writers block is gone so please don't give up on this story!

You strolled alongside Diluc as the breeze swept through the trees.

"(Y/N), how are you finding things at the winery?" He asked in a much softer tone than the one he used in the game.

You couldn't help but notice that his hand had gently slipped into yours.

You gave him a brief answer knowing he had something to say.

"I've gained an interest in you (Y/N). How did you get here in the first place." He asked.

Without realising it you broke down into tears. You'd been holding back emotions for so long that you'd forgotten you'd had.

You fell to the floor and you couldn't control your breathing. Diluc dropped down on the floor and began cuddling you close and you bawled into his chest.

"It's okay (Y/N), it's okay" he said stroking your hair and kissed your forehead.

As composed as he seemed his mind was running marathons. He was so happy to have you in his arms and it was taking every bone in his body to not keep you there forever.

But.....

When he remembered what Venti said at the tavern he realised that the stupid green bard was the reason you were crying.

Venti had made Diluc's darling cry.

His blood boiled and he pulled you closer. You'd noticed that his calming air had gone and he was gripping you too hard.

"D..D...Diluc your h-hurting me" you stammered and he snapped out of his thoughts and loosened his grip on you.

He picked you up bridal style and took you back to the winery.

He plopped you down on your bed and spooned you until your puffy eyes made you fall asleep.

It was 9:00 by now but Diluc wasn't going to sleep. The darknight hero had a special mission today.

He gently removed himself from your bed making sure not to wake you up before changing into his tavern clothes.

He strolled down to mondstat and entered the tavern to Charle's surprise.

A drunk bard was crying at the bar and Diluc signalled for Charles to leave.

Venti was delirious and did not notice the other customers leaving, he was still sobbing quietly and muttering.

"Windblume.... Where have you gone. *sniff* (Y/N)" he was crying like a lost child and it almost made Diluc feel bad for what he was about to do.

He put lethal poison in Venti's last drink making sure that he'd given him enough beers to kill a regular human to make it look like there was nobody keeping track of Venti's drinks since Charle's shift had ended instead of it looking like a murder.

That's if they even found Venti.

Diluc dragged him to the spiral abyss by rowboat and dumped him in a small cave on the island.

He got back to the winery at 3:00 am and scooped you back into his arms.

What you didn't know couldn't hurt you after all.